The Student Room Group

Getting an A in Higher Chemistry,Maths and Human Biology

I have a conditional offer from Aberdeen University of BBB for Marine Biology but in my Prelims I did not revise bad mistake I know I just got complacent. I now need to get a B in all these subjects minimum but I’m aiming for A’s and was wondering if anybody who has sat these subjects in the past has any tips for getting these grades in these subject’s?
Reply 1
Original post by Ninjaman321
I have a conditional offer from Aberdeen University of BBB for Marine Biology but in my Prelims I did not revise bad mistake I know I just got complacent. I now need to get a B in all these subjects minimum but I’m aiming for A’s and was wondering if anybody who has sat these subjects in the past has any tips for getting these grades in these subject’s?

Any biology subjects, learn the course spec/learning outcomes off by heart word for word and you're pretty good. Chemistry learn your practical and learning outcomes and do practice problem-solving. Maths do practice questions.
@bxcs Do you have any advice for Higher Physics? did you take it? The hardest thing I find is the Spectra and Electricity stuff.
Some of it seems to make senese at the time although the problem is I can't retain that information for long.
Reply 3
Original post by snowlessmountain
@bxcs Do you have any advice for Higher Physics? did you take it? The hardest thing I find is the Spectra and Electricity stuff.
Some of it seems to make senese at the time although the problem is I can't retain that information for long.

Yep, try sign into scholar and look at the scholar notes for physics (should be able to use glow or your sqn). Also, sweat the past papers, i'm doing that for AH and learning more from trying and checking the mark schemes than just reading my notes.
Original post by bxcs
Yep, try sign into scholar and look at the scholar notes for physics (should be able to use glow or your sqn). Also, sweat the past papers, i'm doing that for AH and learning more from trying and checking the mark schemes than just reading my notes.

Thanks for the advice bro, I am already on Scholar(it's a great rescource) started the Past Papers the other day for pre 2014 and are quite tough so Will keep on ticking along with them.

Quick Reply

Latest