The Student Room Group

Gcse options!?!

What do u do in geography gcse? Is triple science hard? Name me options i should do if i want to be a children nurse?
childcare
Original post by tinyperson
childcare

Ummm... I'm not sure that's an option???
From my experience triple science was quite hard if you truly want to get high grades you need to constantly stay on top of your work and do a lot of exam questions. As I have done both I would say that combined science (higher not foundation) is better but if you are planning to do sciences for alevels then perhaps go with triple science. Don’t forget that even if you do combined science (higher) you can still do science for alevels as long as you get good grades. Just do what you truly want to do and before making your final decision think a lot. For geography you can check you exam boards page, but I have been doing…

(I copied it from the AQA website)
Living with the physical environment

3.1.1 Section A: The challenge of natural hazards
3.1.2 Section B: The living world
3.1.3 Section C: Physical landscapes in the UK
Challenges in the human environment

3.2.1 Section A: Urban issues and challenges
3.2.2 Section B: The changing economic world
3.2.3 Section C: The challenge of resource management
Geographical applications

3.3.1 Section A: Issue evaluation
3.3.2 Section B: Fieldwork

I would say that there are good and bad sides to geography some topics are boring while some are actually nice. The exams are easy in my opinion as long as you listen to your teacher.
i do geography and triple science
geography imo is actually pretty easy as there is a lot of common sense! (though to get a high grade, you must be willing to put the hard work in)

triple science is my strongest subject tbf. i don't think it is that hard - but i would defo say to do your revision as you go along for the sciences as there is A LOT of content to remember! good luck :smile:
Original post by abc-2006
From my experience triple science was quite hard if you truly want to get high grades you need to constantly stay on top of your work and do a lot of exam questions. As I have done both I would say that combined science (higher not foundation) is better but if you are planning to do sciences for alevels then perhaps go with triple science. Don’t forget that even if you do combined science (higher) you can still do science for alevels as long as you get good grades. Just do what you truly want to do and before making your final decision think a lot. For geography you can check you exam boards page, but I have been doing…

(I copied it from the AQA website)
Living with the physical environment

3.1.1 Section A: The challenge of natural hazards
3.1.2 Section B: The living world
3.1.3 Section C: Physical landscapes in the UK
Challenges in the human environment

3.2.1 Section A: Urban issues and challenges
3.2.2 Section B: The changing economic world
3.2.3 Section C: The challenge of resource management
Geographical applications

3.3.1 Section A: Issue evaluation
3.3.2 Section B: Fieldwork

I would say that there are good and bad sides to geography some topics are boring while some are actually nice. The exams are easy in my opinion as long as you listen to your teacher.

Tysm. This rlly helped
To become a children’s nurse you can either do triple science or combined science (higher). As far as I’m aware other than science and the compulsory subjects (maths and English) you don’t specifically need anything.
Original post by abc-2006
To become a children’s nurse you can either do triple science or combined science (higher). As far as I’m aware other than science and the compulsory subjects (maths and English) you don’t specifically need anything.

I want to choose geography and triple science. I just dont know what else to choose😬
Original post by BUENO_LOVER
I want to choose geography and triple science. I just dont know what else to choose😬

I think that you have picked good options maybe you can also pick a language, art or photography (if your school offers it).

Quick Reply

Latest