The Student Room Group

Duac acne cream

HELP! i was perscribed duac to help with my spots by my doctor. I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks. On the first week, i wa so happy with the difference in my skin, it looked a lot better and i was being told it looked a lot better. All of a sudden a few days ago my skin jusy started to break out bad, and is now probably worse then what it’s been in a while. Is this normal? do i stick it out or do i jack it in?
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
HELP! i was perscribed duac to help with my spots by my doctor. I’ve been using it for about 2 weeks. On the first week, i wa so happy with the difference in my skin, it looked a lot better and i was being told it looked a lot better. All of a sudden a few days ago my skin jusy started to break out bad, and is now probably worse then what it’s been in a while. Is this normal? do i stick it out or do i jack it in?

I say hold it out I've used duac on and off for years alongside the pill and found it works amazing, although I find I only use it when it's needed e.g t zone areas
Reply 2
Hi - sorry for the late response.

Generally speaking, it may take up to 5 weeks until you notice the effects of Duac. It may cause further break outs before you see improvement.

Stick with it, and keep applying it as your doctor recommends.

Good luck!

Quick Reply

Latest