Transfer to ual from aub

Watch this thread
Pistachiosi
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Hiya, I got an offer for both foundation/ BA graphic design course from Art university Bournemouth.

I would love to go to aub, but my dream uni is ual. So I am planning to transfer to ual one day. I have two questions.

1. Is it possible to transfer to ual for freshmen yr after completing the foundation course at aub? If it is, how hard is it?

2. Is it possible to transfer to ual during/after freshmen yr at aub?

However, I don’t know which one is the better idea. (Completing Freshmen yr or foundation yr at aub and transfer.) By the way, I am an international student, and want to study graphic design course.

Could u please give me an advice if you have any good idea?

Thanks a lot
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 5 months ago
If you want to go to UAL did you apply for their courses this year?

Studying anywhere with a hope to transfer isn’t a great idea.

The foundation diploma is a free standing course. You apply through ucas to move from foundation to BA and you can apply to other universities not just AUB. If you applied to UAL and got rejected this year then the foundation diploma is a good option.
Pistachiosi
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report Thread starter 5 months ago
Thank you for the advice!
Last edited by Pistachiosi; 4 months ago
PQ
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
I didn’t say a foundation diploma is free.

I said it is a freestanding course. A separate course to BA with a widely accepted qualification.

You don’t just continue on to the BA course after foundation. You apply through ucas for BA courses.
Last edited by PQ; 5 months ago
Dominicque2
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
Just to check OP, are you doing a Foundation YEAR, or a Foundation DIPLOMA? One is standalone, the other is considered an official year of university study.
PQ
Rep:
Report 5 months ago
(Original post by Dominicque2)
Just to check OP, are you doing a Foundation YEAR, or a Foundation DIPLOMA? One is standalone, the other is considered an official year of university study.
At AUB (and UAL) they only offer an art and design foundation diploma.
Dominicque2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
At AUB (and UAL) they only offer an art and design foundation diploma.
Oh, I see. In that case, you should be able to transfer to UAL after foundation. You will need to apply via UCAS as if you had direct entry. You could still be rejected, though, so I would apply to AUB (and other art schools) as a backup. Your application will be looked at more strongly if you have a foundation too, especially as an international student. Tutors don't always know how international qualifications match up with British ones.
PQ
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by Dominicque2)
Oh, I see. In that case, you should be able to transfer to UAL after foundation. You will need to apply via UCAS as if you had direct entry. You could still be rejected, though, so I would apply to AUB (and other art schools) as a backup. Your application will be looked at more strongly if you have a foundation too, especially as an international student. Tutors don't always know how international qualifications match up with British ones.
I’m not the OP
Dominicque2
Rep:
Report 4 months ago
(Original post by PQ)
I’m not the OP
Yeah, I realise that, but I also wanted to quote you. Figured I wouldn't need to quote them as well as its their thread.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

How confident are you that you'll achieve the grades you need to get into your firm uni?

I think I've exceeded the grades for my university offer (22)
17.46%
I think I've met the grades for my university offer (31)
24.6%
I think I've missed the grades for my university offer (68)
53.97%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (5)
3.97%

Watched Threads