Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Just wondering if anyone's going to the 'Chemsix' conference at Nottingham Uni in March? Or if anyone else has been to it before, what did they think of it?

ReputationRep:
    ...hmmm apparently not....

ReputationRep:
    Hey give it time and wait for replies! - I don't think many people visit these subforums - the General Chat, D&D and Oxbridge subforums are about the busiest that I know of - all the others, mainly the academic and uni ones are pretty dead.

Sounds interesting, Chemsix - what is it? And what is it about? - how come you're going on it then?

I'm gonna go Nottingham in September it's my first choice uni! Still gotta visit it though lol :rolleyes: Open Day's on the 9th Feb yay! :p:

ReputationRep:
    Chemsix is a weekend conference (i.e. bunch of lectures) around different aspects of Chemistry. It's for AS and A-level Chemists and It's run by the same people who do Medlink, Vetsix, Medisix etc etc. It was mentioned to us in Chemistry yesterday, and it sounds quite interesting. I went to Medlink in December at Nottingham, 'twas fun. Think I'm going to apply there when the time comes - undecided about what course though yet. Either Chem, Maths or possibly Med...hmm tis all good - what are you gonna be studying at Nottingham?

ReputationRep:
    Blarghh just got rejected from Nottingham for medicine

I went to medlink2003, was good fun

I'm not so sure about "Chemsix", as I don't really see/know how that may help you make a decision about courses.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think it aims to help you to make a decision about courses, the programme itself looks quite interesting though.

ReputationRep:
    i went to vetsim and vetsix which were both amaxing so i would guess that chemsix would be pretty good - although i agree with the point that i am not quite sure how attending helps you really.

ReputationRep:
    I think the general idea of Chemsix is just to show different areas of Chemistry and that its not just about test tubes. More how chemistry is applied.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, it looks at different areas of Chemistry. Like pharmacology, mass spectrometry, chemistry of poisioning. Then theres lectures on things like Chemistry exams, like how to improve ur grades and stuff......looks pretty good. Hopefully it'll be worth it though, better get to do some practical though..

University open days

• University of Bradford
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All Faculties Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
  • Heriot-Watt University
    All Schools Postgraduate
    Wed, 21 Nov '18
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.