This discussion is closed.
-G-a-v-
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Just wondering if anyone's going to the 'Chemsix' conference at Nottingham Uni in March? Or if anyone else has been to it before, what did they think of it?
-G-a-v-
Rep:
?
...hmmm apparently not....
khil
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Hey give it time and wait for replies! - I don't think many people visit these subforums - the General Chat, D&D and Oxbridge subforums are about the busiest that I know of - all the others, mainly the academic and uni ones are pretty dead.

Sounds interesting, Chemsix - what is it? And what is it about? - how come you're going on it then?

I'm gonna go Nottingham in September it's my first choice uni! Still gotta visit it though lol :rolleyes: Open Day's on the 9th Feb yay! :p:
-G-a-v-
Rep:
?
Chemsix is a weekend conference (i.e. bunch of lectures) around different aspects of Chemistry. It's for AS and A-level Chemists and It's run by the same people who do Medlink, Vetsix, Medisix etc etc. It was mentioned to us in Chemistry yesterday, and it sounds quite interesting. I went to Medlink in December at Nottingham, 'twas fun. Think I'm going to apply there when the time comes - undecided about what course though yet. Either Chem, Maths or possibly Med...hmm tis all good - what are you gonna be studying at Nottingham?
idiopathic
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Blarghh just got rejected from Nottingham for medicine

I went to medlink2003, was good fun

I'm not so sure about "Chemsix", as I don't really see/know how that may help you make a decision about courses.
-G-a-v-
Rep:
?
I don't think it aims to help you to make a decision about courses, the programme itself looks quite interesting though.
messy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
i went to vetsim and vetsix which were both amaxing so i would guess that chemsix would be pretty good - although i agree with the point that i am not quite sure how attending helps you really.
Alcohol5%
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think the general idea of Chemsix is just to show different areas of Chemistry and that its not just about test tubes. More how chemistry is applied.

-G-a-v-
Rep:
?
Yeah, it looks at different areas of Chemistry. Like pharmacology, mass spectrometry, chemistry of poisioning. Then theres lectures on things like Chemistry exams, like how to improve ur grades and stuff......looks pretty good. Hopefully it'll be worth it though, better get to do some practical though..
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How do you feel about your grades? Are they...

What I expected (116)
25.89%
Better than expected (92)
20.54%
Worse than expected (240)
53.57%

Watched Threads