The Student Room Group

Birmingham A100 / A101 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Hi, I firmed Birmingham yesterday. How long do they roughly take to send out any necessary forms I need to fill out? Or have I already been emailed them? Thank you!
Original post by anon110
Hi, I firmed Birmingham yesterday. How long do they roughly take to send out any necessary forms I need to fill out? Or have I already been emailed them? Thank you!

the immunisation/health forms can be found here:
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/university/colleges/mds/undergraduate/Health-suitability-report.aspx

I believe they'll contact you about the DBS; not sure when tho as i'm still waiting for them to contact me...
Original post by AW_12
https://www.birmingham.ac.uk/university/colleges/mds/undergraduate/Health-suitability-report.aspx

I believe they'll contact you about the DBS; not sure when tho as i'm still waiting for them to contact me...

Ay seen you on the KCL thread often too...looks like you've firmed Birmingham as well? Nice. I was one of the internationals that got rejected post-int by UCAS too :frown:.
Original post by Professor103
Ay seen you on the KCL thread often too...looks like you've firmed Birmingham as well? Nice. I was one of the internationals that got rejected post-int by UCAS too :frown:.

yeee I remember you too!
I have, yeah :smile:
ah, i'm sorry :frown: they're awful for what happened; even if they insist they were working towards the deadline despite no further waitlists happening lol
Original post by AW_12

Thank you!
Has any1 received the CAS number for applying for a visa? If so, how long did it take to receive the number after submitting the necessary documents?
Are people who firmed Birmingham supposed to book accommodation? I haven’t received an email about it , does anyone know when I could expect one ?
Original post by starlit03
Are people who firmed Birmingham supposed to book accommodation? I haven’t received an email about it , does anyone know when I could expect one ?

You can apply for it now, its on their website. Just search up uob accomodation
Original post by advait3107
You can apply for it now, its on their website. Just search up uob accomodation

Thank youuuu.

Also for the dbs , i need to send my certified documents off before next Tuesday, I was wondering if I send it now and the dbs team have a look and say one of my documents isn’t right or viable , will they take away the offer or suin ?

sorry for the stupid q
Thank youuuu.

Also for the dbs , i need to send my certified documents off before next Tuesday, I was wondering if I send it now and the dbs team have a look and say one of my documents isn’t right or viable , will they take away the offer or suin ?

sorry for the stupid q

What's the alternative? To not send it??? As long as you have filled out forms correctly I wouldn't worry.
Thank youuuu.

sorry for the stupid q

wait is dere a deadline for sending the necessary documents to the dbs team ?
Have you done your health and immunisation forms already?
Original post by countwraith
wait is dere a deadline for sending the necessary documents to the dbs team ?

The email that they sent my daughter with the dbs information on said it had to be done within 14days from the day of the email.
Original post by CALEH
Have you done your health and immunisation forms already?

It stated on the offer email that the forms have to be returned by Thursday 23rd June.
Original post by gillyh73
The email that they sent my daughter with the dbs information on said it had to be done within 14days from the day of the email.

oh ok thanks. In my email they said as soon as possible prolly cuz am an international student
do we have to pay a deposit to secure our place? If so, when?
nope, I haven't heard of this lol - never paid anything
Original post by countwraith
do we have to pay a deposit to secure our place? If so, when?
Original post by replaythat
nope, I haven't heard of this lol - never paid anything

think they mean accomodation. and yes, it's £550
(edited 1 year ago)
oh yes for accommodation then yeah, idk what I was thinking lol
Original post by AW_12
think they mean accomodation. and yes, it's £550
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by replaythat
oh yes for accommodation then yeah, idk what I was thinking lol

Where do we find out about the deposit?

Quick Reply