The Student Room Group

Barts and the London (QMUL) A100 / A101 2022 Offer Holders

Scroll to see replies

Let me know if you find out. Because im in the same situation. Thanks, and i will do the same :smile:)
Original post by rosiskardu23
My offer is conditional- if I pass health and security checks- what does that even mean!?!

Original post by Mehan56.7
I dont know, mine also says 'if i pass health and police checks' what does this mean? And what do i do because they are asking for it before the deadline but they havent said what the deadline is. Im so confused.

It means you'll need to do a DBS check (disclosure and barring service), and an occupational health review.

A DBS check will ensure you don't have a criminal record or similar, which would exclude you from registering with the GMC. Some previous offences completely bar you (think said serious crimes, offenses involving children), whereas some do not. However, if you have anything on there, you should have declared it at application stage and it is likely they would want to discuss this with you.

Occupational health will involve then asking you to prove vaccination records, have some bloods done for things like hepatitis, and then complete the necessary vaccinations if you require any.
It will also involve discussing any underlying health problems you may have, and ensure you're still fit to undertake the job.

For both of these things, the university will contact you directly to get these completed.

Hope this helps! I've done tons of OH and DBS checks in the past. It's very routine.
Reply 82
Hi everyone, im still waiting to hear from Barts and I wanted to ask offer holders for A100 what their interview scores were? thank u!!
I don't think anyone will know their interview scores yet for this cycle?
Presumably they don't release that information until the cycle is complete.
Original post by azein
Hi everyone, im still waiting to hear from Barts and I wanted to ask offer holders for A100 what their interview scores were? thank u!!

I have requested my interview so once I get it I will share it :smile:
Reply 85
Original post by ShadowHokage
I have requested my interview so once I get it I will share it :smile:

thanks!
Original post by PAR2MED
It means you'll need to do a DBS check (disclosure and barring service), and an occupational health review.

A DBS check will ensure you don't have a criminal record or similar, which would exclude you from registering with the GMC. Some previous offences completely bar you (think said serious crimes, offenses involving children), whereas some do not. However, if you have anything on there, you should have declared it at application stage and it is likely they would want to discuss this with you.

Occupational health will involve then asking you to prove vaccination records, have some bloods done for things like hepatitis, and then complete the necessary vaccinations if you require any.
It will also involve discussing any underlying health problems you may have, and ensure you're still fit to undertake the job.

For both of these things, the university will contact you directly to get these completed.

Hope this helps! I've done tons of OH and DBS checks in the past. It's very routine.

Ohhhh thank you so much. So basically I dont have to do anything until they email me about it?
And its not my responsibility to provide them with any documents etc. Until they ask for it? Thanks again :smile:)
Original post by Mehan56.7
Ohhhh thank you so much. So basically I dont have to do anything until they email me about it?
And its not my responsibility to provide them with any documents etc. Until they ask for it? Thanks again :smile:)

Yes, they will contact you in due course, they're not expecting you to do anything before then.

The only thing I might advise is getting a copy of your vaccination records if you think they may be difficult to get hold of. GP surgeries are busy so it can take a few weeks to get hold of them, however generally that's fine. However if you got your childhood vaccinations abroad, for example, it's worth making sure you can get hold of your records! Keep a copy of them when you get them too, you are potentially going to need them applying for jobs in the future!
Reply 88
Who do I email and what do I need to give to get my interview score?
Reply 89
Original post by dozaraf
Who do I email and what do I need to give to get my interview score?

[email protected], provide ur ucas number and passport/driving license as proof of identity
Reply 90
Original post by azein
[email protected], provide ur ucas number and passport/driving license as proof of identity

Thanks
How long does it take for the data protection team to get back to you? It’s been 3 days for me and no response yet, anyone else?
Reply 92
How long does it take for the data protection team to get back to you? It’s been 3 days for me and no response yet, anyone else?

im waiting as well

i emailed them on the 16th, they hit me back with the show proof of ID on the same day, then i got the scores on the 17th
Original post by laylaqasim
i emailed them on the 16th, they hit me back with the show proof of ID on the same day, then i got the scores on the 17th

Did you by any chance get an automated email response? I didn't get once - perhaps they did not receive it? Or I think they might just be busy since more people have asked since then.
Reply 95
Hi guys, Sorry if this has already been answered above but due you all know of any offer holders day in the near future for the med students??
Did you by any chance get an automated email response? I didn't get once - perhaps they did not receive it? Or I think they might just be busy since more people have asked since then.

the first one for proof of id was automated i think
Reply 97
Original post by laylaqasim

can you please tell us your interview score? i still havent recieved a decision so i want to compare with offer holders to see whether im close or not
Original post by azein
can you please tell us your interview score? i still havent recieved a decision so i want to compare with offer holders to see whether im close or not

I have an offer from the first batch and my interview score was 49/50.
Original post by azein

idk where people are getting there score out of 50😭 i got an overall of 4.5 each but idk in total

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending