The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

saiyamana
I'm in the middle of my AS and there is a year 13 student in 2 classes of mine. Trouble is i fancy him!! Now dont foget i'm male too :frown: so you can now understand why i'm :confused:. I've liked him for about 4 months now! He normally sits apart from our class, on his own, but, even tho i love to help people, i cant talk to him :afraid:. Can anyone make sense of that and give me any advice plz??

chances are he is not gay/bi so there wouldn't be anything worthwhile for you to do. Unless you dont mind being knocked back.
Yeah i was also thinking that he probably isnt gay..do your class mates know that you enter the back door?
Reply 22
PublicSchoolAnn
chances are he is not gay/bi so there wouldn't be anything worthwhile for you to do. Unless you dont mind being knocked back.

That would be a pretty long way to be knocked back. He might react badly.
john williams
Yeah i was also thinking that he probably isnt gay..do your class mates know that you enter the back door?

hehe :biggrin:
Reply 24
saiyamana
I'm in the middle of my AS and there is a year 13 student in 2 classes of mine. Trouble is i fancy him!! Now dont foget i'm male too :frown: so you can now understand why i'm :confused:. I've liked him for about 4 months now! He normally sits apart from our class, on his own, but, even tho i love to help people, i cant talk to him :afraid:. Can anyone make sense of that and give me any advice plz??

Sit by him the next time your in class and start chatting to him. then you can get to know him better and find out subtly if he's Gay.
If you dont know if he is gay or bi then you could be in for a big shock.....
You should seriously find out first, just ask him what he does in his spare time, you will soon know.
ali_bongo_uk
If you dont know if he is gay or bi then you could be in for a big shock.....
You should seriously find out first, just ask him what he does in his spare time, you will soon know.

I guess so, dont do anything stupid :biggrin: . Looking forward to Monday now :biggrin:

p.s. Zapsta- :bootyshak ..
Reply 27
Befriend him. If he's gay, ask him out. If he isn't just be his friend. Simple, innit?

Actually it's not. I was pretty screwed up when I fell for my friend and she couldn't decide if she liked girls or not.
Reply 28
Sparkey
Sit by him the next time your in class and start chatting to him. then you can get to know him better and find out subtly if he's Gay.

Brilliant advice! That was the kinda thing I was thinking of. Dont ask him out as that would be embarrising spec. If the school doesn't know ur gay/bi talk to him, strick conversation and see what he is like. Remember you oculd talk to him and find out he is an absolute ****** then ur problem is solved!

Hope that helped
Reply 29
saiyamana
p.s. Zapsta- :bootyshak ..

Is that a come on?
Reply 30
quadrocat
Actually it's not. I was pretty screwed up when I fell for my friend and she couldn't decide if she liked girls or not.

Been there, I fell for one of my mates. It was the most painfull thing ever when I told her i liked her and it turned out she didn't like girls :frown: but she was cool with it :smile:
Reply 31
historyhoney
Brilliant advice!

Thankyou :smile:
If I were you, I wouldn't come out at school. I know a guy who did, and he lost half of his friends and was ridiculed constantly for it. Also - one of my best friends came out pretty much as soon as he left school, like the next day, and everyone was fine about it. At University etc. it's NORMAL to have a few gay people in your class, whereas at school people tend to be a little more narrow-minded.

By the way - try to figure out if you really ARE gay or not. A lot of guys notice that another guy is attractive and automatically think "OH MY GOD I MUST BE GAY!!!" because it's drilled into them from an early age. Err... excuse the pun. There's nothing wrong with appreciating attractiveness in both genders, it doesn't necessarily mean you want to start using the back door.
Reply 33
hmm, ok, ive analysed ur situation and i want you to do this:

Gather ur whole class in the common room.
Then, stand up on a chair so that everybody is visible.
Next, announce that your gay and make some speech about how uve just come outta the closet.
Finally, take questions.

Effect of this: You become irresistible to the same sex :confused: ....dont ask me why, you just do ok..

This will work, trust me.

And if not, well.....im sure ull figure it out.....
Reply 34
saiyamana

wait!! before everyone states your sexuality i was in EXACTLY the same position as you. I kinda liked this guy a little but he was really feminine etc(not gay) This went on for a few weeks but then he left and from then on ive 100% liked only women i wouldn't dream of liking a guy its just he was really unique :confused:
anyway im putting it down to just a phase
saturn
wait!! before everyone states your sexuality i was in EXACTLY the same position as you. I kinda liked this guy a little but he was really feminine etc(not gay) This went on for a few weeks but then he left and from then on ive 100% liked only women i wouldn't dream of liking a guy its just he was really unique :confused:
anyway im putting it down to just a phase

Its been 3 months or so now, it might be a phase, i hope it is in fact- lost 3 gf's because of it over the last 2 years

Also, ty to the many ppl with ur advice, i've read it all up to now but cant reply quik enuf :frown:

Everyone seems soo friendly here, unlike the ppl in my school :frown:
theicon

Effect of this: You become irresistible to the same sex :confused: ....dont ask me why, you just do ok..

This is actually true. Even if you're quite ugly, gorgeous girls will sleep with you "for a laugh" because you're "safe". I have a gay friend who gets off with girls all the time. More than with guys. Sometimes I think the whole gay thing's just an act.
Reply 37
If you are unsure about you're sexuality go to: http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/onelife/personal/relationships/gay.shtml

Some good advice on this site :smile:
Reply 38
saiyamana

Dude... I'm kinda there as well. The main thing is trying to find where you are. (I haven't bothered, I'm just letting the wind blow me in whatever direction it wants - don't feel the need to figure out what I am) It is difficult, I know... You should try and befriend him. Maybe you won't find him to be as attractive as you thought. Just maybe sit down with him and say hi. He'll probably be a friendly guy and just needs some social connection with people in the group. Find out stuff about him. This'll take time and you can use this time to try and understand your feelings. :redface:
I hope that's helped!

As for the people making a mockery of this poor guy :frown: shame on you, its not his fault.
lessthanthree
lost gfs over the past two years? because you've had feelings for guys?

indeed.

Latest

Trending

Trending