The Student Room Group
So, favourite gaming characters. I could go obscure here, but honestly it's the iconic Mario, Sonic and Link that spring to mind. Going for the latter here, and for the overworld theme from Link's Awakening!

[video="youtube;ULyEY_GjSoA"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULyEY_GjSoA[/video]
About to get started on this one!

I've always hated statements and titles that claim to include 'your favourite things', and had to edit the description text in the OP so it didn't look like I was the one proclaiming that. What the heck do they know about my favourites? But by the looks of the games featured in this playlist, they are at least iconic.
(edited 2 years ago)
Super Street Fighter II - Character Select: How do Ken? Bit repetitive, not intended to be played for more than a short period while selecting a character, but certainly nostalgic.

Pokemon Red and Blue - Opening theme: Massive minus points for not going with the Game Boy version of the tune. :shakecane:

Crash Bandicoot - Main Theme: Not one I played. Theme sounds alright, though.

Spyro the Dragon - Main Theme: Best so far. Also the longest by far, most of the others were about 1 minute! I'm guessing some of the medleys later in this list will be very long... that, or there's a bunch that they forgot to include in the tracklist, as is often the case.

Donkey Kong 64 - Jungle Japes: Okay, new favourite. :banana:

Metal Gear Solid - Sons Of Liberty Theme: Bit disjointed, not sure I'd have recognised it as one theme if it wasn't labelled as such.

Uncharted 4 - A Thief's End: Better. But short.

Fallout 4 - Rebuild, Renew: This, I like. Very atmospheric and mysterious. Also, half way through the playlist already, but only 1/3 through the runtime!

Halo: Combat Evolved - Suite Fall: Unnerving. In a good way.

Mortal Kombat - Scorpion (Lost Soul Bent On Revenge): Unlike the character select for Super Street Fighter II, much too short!

The Last of Us - The Quarantine Zone (20 Years Later): By far the franchise I'm least familiar with, but by far the best track so far.

Tomb Raider 3 - Medley: NICE. :congrats:

The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker - Windfall Island: Jolly enough, but not a Zelda theme I have any nostalgic attachment to.

Rayman Legends - Mysterious Swamps: Solid.

Super Mario Bros - Themes: Iconic.

Sonic The Hedgehog - A Symphonic Suite: I know I've played a LOT more Mario than I have Sonic, but I'm still surprised at how little of this music I recognised. All very slow and relaxing, not what I associate with the franchise!

Pac Man: Championship Edition - Pac Man Ce Bgm (sic): Ending on a real banger. :yy:

Definitely picked up half way through, even if the Sonic themes didn't have the energy I was expecting.
(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest