The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

Studying English Lit at Queen Mary

Hello,
I'm considering studying English lit at QMUL. So I was wondering if you could tell me what type of literature is commonly studied at QMUL and how does the assessment take place? For instance, does your grade in 1st year contribute towards the final grade? How much of the assessment is coursework and how much is examination for each of the years, etc. And lastly, is there any essay structure that has proved to be useful and that you can recommend?
Thank you very much!
Send an email to QMUL's English department; they should be able to answer your questions about assessments and whether any particular types of literature can be studied there. To get an idea of studied literature types, look on the uni website for their full module directory.
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Original post by Anonymous
Hello,
I'm considering studying English lit at QMUL. So I was wondering if you could tell me what type of literature is commonly studied at QMUL and how does the assessment take place? For instance, does your grade in 1st year contribute towards the final grade? How much of the assessment is coursework and how much is examination for each of the years, etc. And lastly, is there any essay structure that has proved to be useful and that you can recommend?
Thank you very much!

Hello,

I am pleased to hear that you are considering to study at QMUL.
You can chat to our current students doing this course on our unibuddy website. https://www.qmul.ac.uk/unibuddy/
They will be able to help you with any questions you have.

Alternatively you can drop in an enquiry to the school of english and drama using this link: https://app.geckoform.com/public/?utm_campaign=SED+Enquiry+Form#/modern/21FO00gar7g3xq0006tathi018

Hope this helps :smile:
- Kavita (Student ambassador at QMUL)

Quick Reply