The Student Room Group

Studying

How do I study for English Literature GCSE's? I'm in year 11 and my topics are:- An Inspector calls- A Christmas Carol- Unseen Poetry- and Macbeth
Reply 1
Original post by Raiya Mya
How do I study for English Literature GCSE's? I'm in year 11 and my topics are:- An Inspector calls- A Christmas Carol- Unseen Poetry- and Macbeth

Hi! I do different texts (Christmas Carol, Animal Farm, Romeo and Juliet) but all texts can be revised in a similar way, I believe.

What I usually do is make mindmaps of the different themes and characters, with key quotations or events that occur linking to that topic. It's quite vital that you learn it from memory, so what I'd suggest doing is writing these mindmaps from memory and adding in what you missed out after, and keep repeating that until you've memorised everything.

Make sure you learn about the context of each text, and structure your paragraphs well or there'll be no flow.

Don't stress too much about revising it in great depth but make sure that you have a good amount of knowledge on it and you'll be fine. Don't forget to re-read (or at least skim read, read chapter summaries on SparkNotes, etc) your texts so you know what's going on.

Good luck! :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending