Nottingham A101 2022 Offer Holders

Watch this thread
ecolier
Badges: 22
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago

Welcome to the University of Nottingham A101 GEM 2022 Offer Holders.

For general information click: https://www.nottingham.ac.uk/medicine/study/medicine/

Nottingham A100 / A108 (undergrad) 2022 Offer Holders: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=7179007

General TSR rules:
(1) Please don't ask for, advertise or mention group chats.
(2) Please don't ask for or post interview questions.
(3) Please don't offer to buy and sell items.

Good luck!
Last edited by ecolier; 3 months ago
MPC1998
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Congrats everyone - we did it!!!! Can't wait to meet you guys in Sept
Ktrh123
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congratulations...Still in shock! Do you think they will send an email out tomorrow? Checked my mynottingham portal and the offer is on there too!
mlday93
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
So excited! Congrats everyone!
Usernayme
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congrats all!
laterztayterz
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Very excited to meet everyone and get going!
gmoon
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congratulations everyone!! Last year I was waitlisted, I'm so happy to get an offer this year!! So excited to start. Has anyone thought about their accommodation plans or will you wait until the offer holders day? I know that I will probably like to live in Derby and private house/not halls
fumz19
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Ktrh123)
Congratulations...Still in shock! Do you think they will send an email out tomorrow? Checked my mynottingham portal and the offer is on there too!
Congratulations! Just got an offer too. Though I was wondering, where did everyone get this Nottingham portal from? I seem to not have an email with any information on it
asphodel77
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Completely still in shock - I didn't expect an offer. I'm sure ill get excited once it sinks in! I did go to an open day pre Covid in the GEM med school in Derby Hospital and it was really nice!

I'm still waiting to hear from A100 Liverpool which would be easier as I have family here. But the issue with funding is the main issue so im not sure. Guess I'll approach that problem if it comes to it!
Oliver.hill1709
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Congratulations everyone, can't wait to get started!
MedGEM2022
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
It feels amazing to finally be able to post in this thread! Congrats guys!! I cannot wait to meet you all
mlday93
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by gmoon)
Congratulations everyone!! Last year I was waitlisted, I'm so happy to get an offer this year!! So excited to start. Has anyone thought about their accommodation plans or will you wait until the offer holders day? I know that I will probably like to live in Derby and private house/not halls
Congrats! Seems like this has been a long time coming for you I've just finished at UoN so I'm inclined to live in nottingham still. A friend who joined my lab before I left has a spare room in a house right next to campus I'm hoping to join. There's a free bus to Derby hospital right near portland so in theory should be a decent plan.
MedGEM2022
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m thinking of living in Notts too! I’ve heard from quite a few students that it’s a great place to live and most prefer it to Derby, but I am a little worried about giving myself a commute every morning ha. Hoping to get some more advice on the offer holders day!
Oliver.hill1709
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’ve lived in notts my whole life so would be easy to live there, but during my first degree I commuted over an hour there and back each day and it really does eat into your day and limit a lot of your time. Personally will be living in derby for the first part of the course at least.
Rara1455
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I’m pretty sure I’m accepting the notts offer, I’d like to live in Nottingham but looking at the commute I don’t think it’s gonna be worth it in the first year so might have a look round derby and see what kind of places they have round there to live. I kind of wish there was a in person open day so it would be easier to make a decison
gmoon
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Rara1455)
I’m pretty sure I’m accepting the notts offer, I’d like to live in Nottingham but looking at the commute I don’t think it’s gonna be worth it in the first year so might have a look round derby and see what kind of places they have round there to live. I kind of wish there was a in person open day so it would be easier to make a decison
Yes, I wish the open day was in person too! I've been eager and created a list of houses I like lol - I will definitely do house viewing after the open day (I visit Derby quite a bit anyways). I'm hoping from the open day there will be an opportunity to arrange accom with other people who are looking
Rara1455
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by gmoon)
Yes, I wish the open day was in person too! I've been eager and created a list of houses I like lol - I will definitely do house viewing after the open day (I visit Derby quite a bit anyways). I'm hoping from the open day there will be an opportunity to arrange accom with other people who are looking
Yeah I’ll be moving from london so would like to do some viewings, would be nice to meet people before the course starts too! If anyone was interested I’d be more than happy to come down to derby or notts for the day to look round ect
MedGEM2022
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
I would love to do that!
Rara1455
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by MedGEM2022)
I would love to do that!
Awesome! Do you wanna DM me and we can chat a bit more about it?
neevaaa
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
Oh i would also love to maybe meet you all before we actually start!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (13)
29.55%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (17)
38.64%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (2)
4.55%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (2)
4.55%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (3)
6.82%
I’m starting to consider my university options (6)
13.64%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (0)
0%
I’m not planning on going to university (1)
2.27%

Watched Threads