The Student Room Group

My car still shows as insured

Last year my insurance expired, i received my no claims letter and a letter stating my insurance has expired and I will need to find a cover. However I checked on askmid since last year july and my car still shows up as insured on the database. I’ve also been pulled up over by the police and they ran my details and nothing happened, so I’m a bit confused as to why is it still insured, my only guess is that someone has duplicated my number plate and insured it on someone’s name but the police would have noticed if my details didn’t match. Does anyone know what might have happened?
Original post by Diemon187
Last year my insurance expired, i received my no claims letter and a letter stating my insurance has expired and I will need to find a cover. However I checked on askmid since last year july and my car still shows up as insured on the database. I’ve also been pulled up over by the police and they ran my details and nothing happened, so I’m a bit confused as to why is it still insured, my only guess is that someone has duplicated my number plate and insured it on someone’s name but the police would have noticed if my details didn’t match. Does anyone know what might have happened?

Have you still got the car?
Is it possible that the insurance automatically renewed last year. Some companies automatically renew your policy unless you tell them otherwise.
Reply 2
Original post by Diemon187

Why are you knowingly driving around with no insurance?
Original post by IWMTom
Why are you knowingly driving around with no insurance?

Exactly.
If you are driving it then it should be insured.

Quick Reply

Latest