The Student Room Group

What can i do? I need a challenge

I'm going to be 28/29 and then 30.... Currently in a middle management position at a awful college in london. I still have no friends. I can't maintain a job. I can't get Qualified teaching status hence im still an unqualified teacher. Im on the brink of selling 200 pounds worth of my musical instruments. My mother is physically disabled and it's affecting me.

I drink every day to fight another day. I drink any time i want and i still work. What can i do. I'm preparing to quit my job later this year. What challenge can i do (hint hint, i would love to here users who have found work abroad or are travelling). I don't wanna live at home as i barely speak with family. I'm in my room immediately after i come home drunk from work. I am drinking more and more and i pass out. What can i do? I wanna go abroad. Advise me :frown:
It sounds more like the drinking is the issue.
If you work out how much you have spent on alcohol, you properly could have already travelled and wouldn't be considering selling you music equipment.

It can be difficult travelling abroad without support- but really you need to stop drinking alcohol completely- i would say cut down but with the amount you sound like you are taking, it may be better to get real help with your alcohol use to stop drinking.

Your in London, capital city land of opportunity for those who can reach it, but your in a rut and just want to run away from it by going abroad but it doesn't really work like that. You have said you cant maintain a job, how do you plan on maintaining a job abroad?
You would still be the same person in London as you are abroad.
Your best option would be to try and work on yourself first such as your drinking and maybe your mental health- and then when you are more mentally and financially stable, go abroad and live the dream.

Good luck.
Reply 2
Original post by LissaLJ12
It sounds more like the drinking is the issue.
If you work out how much you have spent on alcohol, you properly could have already travelled and wouldn't be considering selling you music equipment.

It can be difficult travelling abroad without support- but really you need to stop drinking alcohol completely- i would say cut down but with the amount you sound like you are taking, it may be better to get real help with your alcohol use to stop drinking.

Your in London, capital city land of opportunity for those who can reach it, but your in a rut and just want to run away from it by going abroad but it doesn't really work like that. You have said you cant maintain a job, how do you plan on maintaining a job abroad?
You would still be the same person in London as you are abroad.
Your best option would be to try and work on yourself first such as your drinking and maybe your mental health- and then when you are more mentally and financially stable, go abroad and live the dream.

Good luck.

:frown:

I understand your comment. thanks for your reply

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending