Does anybody else wear slips under skirts Watch

saranotsarah
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 11 years ago
Whilst lounging in the common room today a friend commented expressed surprise that I was wearing a slip under my skirt. She noticed because I was wearing a shorter skirt than usual and it had ridden up so that the hem of the slip was visible, but when I told her that I always wore a slip under my skirt to stop it seating and also to help it hang better she seemed to think it a very odd thing to do. Just wondered whether anybody else wears them or if I am an oddity? :confused:
xstarxsparklex
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No but sometimes I wear two skirts
Mr Snips
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Excuse me for being a boy, but what is a slip?
Annie72
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Wow I didnt know that girls still wore slips under their skirts. Girls of my generation ( 70s ) used to when I was little.
icapturethecastle
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
i thought people always wore slips?

lol, i always have... i think all my friends do too
sweetlovinchick2k1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Mr Snips)
It's an undergarament that you put under a skirt/dress. Kind of like a petticoat.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Slip_(clothing)

I would wear one depending on the length of the skirt
amy.dd
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No I never do, my skirts are either too short or too tight to wear slips really and the ones that arn't have built in ones.

The short/tight thing makes me sound a little slutty... oh well.
Mr Snips
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
"A full slip hangs from the shoulders, usually by means of narrow straps, and extends from the breast to the fashionable skirt length"
Like silk dungarees?
saranotsarah
Rep:
?
It's like a sort of skirt made out of thin material that you wear under a skirt to help it hang better and stop it creasing so much when you sit down. It can stop it sticking to your tights too. :yep:
georgia
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I wear one under certain skirts because of static and/or them riding up. However the times I actually wear those skirts are very few and far between because when I'm in a skirt mood it's usually a short denim one but heh.
Angelil
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I've never worn one, except for the ones that are actually built into skirts. Wouldn't have the first idea where to buy one either...
Ruthie!
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Only if they are built in, but I pretty much live in jeans anyway
Oldspeak
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by Angelil)
I've never worn one, except for the ones that are actually built into skirts. Wouldn't have the first idea where to buy one either...
Marks and Spencers always sell them! and most lingere shops seem to sell them too.
Yellow-nutshell
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
Like silk dungarees?
lol!
:rofl:
saranotsarah
Rep:
?
I only started wearing them under my school skirt because it isn't lined, and I have to say that I kinda like the feel of them. Not sure whether it does help the creasing thing, but it does help it to hang better.
freeforever
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I generally wear one when my skirts are made of thin material and therefore are see through in strong light, I use it to stop them being see through :p:
Nynyflower
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I have a puffy actual petticoat whih I wear under my longer skirts when it's cold but I'm looking into a slip because I hate static.
theoldnurse
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
I always do; you're not alone
minimo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by amy.dd)
No I never do, my skirts are either too short or too tight to wear slips really and the ones that arn't have built in ones.

The short/tight thing makes me sound a little slutty... oh well.
no, I'm the same. My longer ones generally have some kind of lining and my short ones are...well short.
DamnitJanet
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
No, but I kinda like the sound of them- mostly for my dresses, rather than skirts, because the only skirt I wear is denim and very short! xD
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you get study leave?

Yes- I like it (363)
59.31%
Yes- I don't like it (33)
5.39%
No- I want it (172)
28.1%
No- I don't want it (44)
7.19%

Watched Threads