The Student Room Group

Does anybody else wear slips under skirts

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
theoldnurse
I always do; you're not alone :biggrin:

Glad it's not just me. :smile: I guess there aren't many who would wear one with a school skirt, so perhaps that's why my friend was surprised?
Ruthie!
Only if they are built in, but I pretty much live in jeans anyway

:ditto:
Reply 22
saranotsarah
Glad it's not just me. :smile: I guess there aren't many who would wear one with a school skirt, so perhaps that's why my friend was surprised?

I wore one with my school skirt. However we wore long kilts that blew open at the merest suggestion of wind so everyone wore either a slip or shorts.
I didn't even know what one was until now. So no, never worn one. Most of my long skirts have a lining though, is that just a built in slip? I thought it was just to stop them being see through...
Original post by saranotsarah
Whilst lounging in the common room today a friend commented expressed surprise that I was wearing a slip under my skirt. She noticed because I was wearing a shorter skirt than usual and it had ridden up so that the hem of the slip was visible, but when I told her that I always wore a slip under my skirt to stop it seating and also to help it hang better she seemed to think it a very odd thing to do. Just wondered whether anybody else wears them or if I am an oddity? :confused:

No not at all. I wear them most days!
I also make sure a tiny bit of lace will be on view from time to time. Sadly this divides opinion - some girls think its a great look, sadly some have been very catty and keep shouting out "hey you your slip is showing!!"
I wear petticoats, but very rarely wear slips any more. I did when I was younger, when my summer skirts were made of very light, thin fabric and I wanted to make sure they weren't completely see-through in the sun.

Also, if you want to combat static without one, get yours hands damp and run them over the fabric. Works like magic, even if you need to do it a few times to get rid of it completely!
Yeah I will sometimes wear a slip under dresses and skirts. I have quite a few slips most are full slips but I have a couple of half slips. I like my slips and they do come in handy under some of my clothes.

I don't really know any other girls who also wear slips. I only know about one or two other girls who wear slips regularly.

I think that slips are seen as old fashioned however I think that they are coming back into fashion slowly which is good. As long as your comfortable wearing slips then carry on don't worry what other girls or people think
I’ve always worn a slip under my skirt. It’s better to flash a slip than your knickers:
No.
No never worn a slip.
Original post by amy.dd
No I never do, my skirts are either too short or too tight to wear slips really and the ones that arn't have built in ones.

The short/tight thing makes me sound a little slutty... oh well.

don't worry about it. It's the same here. I never wear them cuz all of my skirts are too short and tight for them so it would just crinkle underneath. But tbh, I don't really wear them underneath my less tight skirts cuz they're a tad to short for one. And I don't really find them comfortable, unless they come sewn in. But that is mainly in my dresses (if they are long and not tight)
This is an 11 year old thread, oldest I’ve seen yet
You can always get a shorter slip

Quick Reply

Latest