The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Reading List Year One English Literature Durham University

I’m starting Durham university in September and I was wondering if anyone knew the reading material for the core modules for year one so I can get the reading done early. Thank you
Original post by Lanajayne
I’m starting Durham university in September and I was wondering if anyone knew the reading material for the core modules for year one so I can get the reading done early. Thank you

Wait have you heard back for english lit at Durham? I’m english and history and haven’t heard you see

Also idk if they have reading lists out but I’m sure you could email
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Original post by Lanajayne

Hi @Lanajayne

Amazing choice of course!

Don't worry about reading before you actually come to Durham. There are some books you can read but departments vary in terms of rolling out a pre-reading list for general preparation. So you can ask some current English Lit students if they got one, and if they did, you will probably get one too. You can chat to them on UniBuddy: https://www.durham.ac.uk/study/student-connect/unibuddy-uk/.

In my case (law), we didn't get any official pre-reading list and were only told about our coursebooks on induction day. Everybody was freaking out but it turned out to be not a big deal later haha. Essential reading is generally available on Blackboard and titled Talis Aspire Reading List, so you can access that once the uni sends you your login details.

-Himieka (Official DU Rep)

Quick Reply

Latest