The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

Dissertation Supervisor

Hi all, we need to meet with our allocated dissertation supervisor throughout the process and even though she made initial contact, I have not met with her yet. I have emailed her 3 times to ask for a meeting. My module leader has not been helpful, so I am wondering what to do?
Reply 1
Take it up with the next in the food chain, head of department, head of faculty. There's nothing wrong about complaining about something that's directly harming your work. You can get your class reps involved too.

If they don't help bring it up with the student union.
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Reply 2
Original post by Max1989
Take it up with the next in the food chain, head of department, head of faculty. There's nothing wrong about complaining about something that's directly harming your work. You can get your class reps involved too.

If they don't help bring it up with the student union.

Thanks for your reply. Tbh I'm worried that it may impact my final grade if I contact more senior staff to complain - I am aware that some people, who have nothing better to do, can be vindictive. :/ Having said that, we pay a huge amount of money for this "uni service" and should expect responses to communication.
Reply 3
So I emailed my course leader again as he hadnt replied to my email from Friday and he dismissed my query. Long story short my dissertation supervisor emailed me eventually and asksed why I have been emailing others in the course department and not her (even though I had emailed her 3 times asking for a meeting). The fact that my module leader showed or sent her the emails I sent him is really unprofessional. I'm feeling really down about the whole thing, final year is stressful enough, without the added worry of getting on the wrong side of my supervisor.
Original post by Bubbles2151
Hi all, we need to meet with our allocated dissertation supervisor throughout the process and even though she made initial contact, I have not met with her yet. I have emailed her 3 times to ask for a meeting. My module leader has not been helpful, so I am wondering what to do?

Hi there,
I'm sorry to hear this happened to you. Have you managed to sort this out? If not, can you please message us privately?
Joao (Economics)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending