The Student Room Group

Waitlist medicine 2022

I don’t think someone made a forum yet for 2022 so…

Scroll to see replies

Could it be possible that if they place you on a waiting list and you don’t get a place this year, there’s a guaranteed place for differed entry for 2023 entry because that’s how St. George’s have done their waiting list this year too
Reply 2
I have seen ppl who got these kind of offers before on previous threads but idk how common they are tbh. I have heard that some unis had to pay people to defer their entry due ti overbooking offers though.
Reply 3
I have been put to wait-list group and now waiting for results.

Very scary feeling on this as all of these are like playing a game... like on the edge.

The school I applied to has waitlist until UCAS deadline and then if no offers until then, we will be put into result reserve list. This is like a forever waiting time.

During this waiting period, could I apply to other courses as a plan B (not meaning I am giving up Medicine but I have to plan for alternative if things failed). In that case of applying another course, will it affect my position in the waitlist?
Reply 4
Yes, I will contact the med school if I have no offer until the ucas deadline.

I have a thought of doing PA course, this potentially could be my plan B. So yes you are right, it ma affect my waitlist if I approach the same school to apply for PA. So I think I will take one step at a time, If thing really goes badly with no offer at the end, I will contact the med school asking about PA (not sure if I can do it as the application for PA could already stop that time).

What is the UCAS Extra/clearing work, and how does the Extra work? Not all medical schools do clearing right?

I m not planning to apply again for 2023 intake, so not taking a gap year.
Reply 5
I am a graduate and completed my postgraduate a while ago. I am working in hospital at the moment, while applying to standard entry (one just been put into waitinglis) and one GEM (but just got a rejection).

So not sure if PA (MSc) is one alternative if I couldnt make it to Medicine this year.
Reply 6
Yes, HYMS is one of them with PA.

Sorry, I have not looked into Extra and how does it works for the Worcester A101 GEM? Is that means I have to give up my current one waitlist and therefore holding no offer to get into Extra (Worcester)? I just saw the link you have given me about clearing/extra. will look into it thanks.
Reply 7
Alright, thank you so much.
Reply 8
Original post by Cheahr
Yes, HYMS is one of them with PA.

Sorry, I have not looked into Extra and how does it works for the Worcester A101 GEM? Is that means I have to give up my current one waitlist and therefore holding no offer to get into Extra (Worcester)? I just saw the link you have given me about clearing/extra. will look into it thanks.

I think you are on HYMS's waitlist? Have they shown it as a rejection on UCAS yet? You can stay on a waitlist and apply to Worcester, as long as you have an official rejection on UCAS, I believe, but you would not be able to stay on the list, if you get an offer from Worcester and accept it - but I assume you would not want to in this situation. So depends how HYMS are playing things, as a waiting list place has to officially be a rejection by the UCAS deadline (or will default to it), but if they are keeping you hanging on with no decision on UCAS, then it will not let you add another choice, ie Worcester.
Reply 9
Does anyone know how the Dundee waiting list work? And how interviewers are ranked in the waitlist or how the interviews are scored?
Reply 10
Original post by GANFYD
I think you are on HYMS's waitlist? Have they shown it as a rejection on UCAS yet? You can stay on a waitlist and apply to Worcester, as long as you have an official rejection on UCAS, I believe, but you would not be able to stay on the list, if you get an offer from Worcester and accept it - but I assume you would not want to in this situation. So depends how HYMS are playing things, as a waiting list place has to officially be a rejection by the UCAS deadline (or will default to it), but if they are keeping you hanging on with no decision on UCAS, then it will not let you add another choice, ie Worcester.

Yes, you are right I am at the waitlist of hyms. How do you know? I couldn’t remember me saying it in this thread.

Yes I will definitely stay in hyms waitlist and really hope to get an offer from hyms. What would you predict in terms of the size of the waitlist in hyms?
Reply 11
Original post by Cheahr
Yes, you are right I am at the waitlist of hyms. How do you know? I couldn’t remember me saying it in this thread.

Yes I will definitely stay in hyms waitlist and really hope to get an offer from hyms. What would you predict in terms of the size of the waitlist in hyms?

I follow a lot of threads :lol:
I think all waiting lists are likely to see movement this year, both between now and mid June and again on results day, but I do not know what size HYMS's list is
Reply 12
Does anyone know if there is a waiting list thread for 2022?
Reply 13
If you have email confirmation from a Uni that you are on waiting list after rejection, shouldn’t they change UCAS status?
Reply 14
Original post by LidaH
If you have email confirmation from a Uni that you are on waiting list after rejection, shouldn’t they change UCAS status?

A waiting list will show as a rejection on UCAS, but different med schools vary as to the speed at which they process this, possibly because it is logistically easier to change it to an offer if not yet rejected than it is to reverse a decision that has already gone through UCAS.
It does not necessarily help applicants who may want to use Extra if a uni is slow to process a decision
Reply 15
Original post by GANFYD
A waiting list will show as a rejection on UCAS, but different med schools vary as to the speed at which they process this, possibly because it is logistically easier to change it to an offer if not yet rejected than it is to reverse a decision that has already gone through UCAS.
It does not necessarily help applicants who may want to use Extra if a uni is slow to process a decision

Thanks. Can a uni take you off the waiting list and do they let you know? Is it true that universities can only see other unis you applied after Jun 9th? How is that important and why would they care?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 16
Original post by LidaH
Thanks. Can a uni take you off the waiting list and do they let you know? Is it true that universities can only see other unis you applied after Jun 9th? How is that important and why would they care?

Yes, a uni can remove you, but are only likely to do so if you have accepted another offer. I am not sure they would tell you, as they would assume you were aware you had done it!
Unis can see other choices and decisions after an applicant has made them, whenever that is, I think, so if decisions are made now, they could see now, but 9th June+ would be the default.
They would not care, except accepting somewhere else should void a waiting list option
Can I still stay hopeful if I have got one rejection and haven’t heard from my three other universities after interview for undergraduate medicine? I’m very anxious. Can I still stay hopeful for some good news before 19 May?
Original post by MedBuddy
Can I still stay hopeful if I have got one rejection and haven’t heard from my three other universities after interview for undergraduate medicine? I’m very anxious. Can I still stay hopeful for some good news before 19 May?

Yes of course, keep the faith. Thats 3 more chances!
Original post by rolla01
Yes of course, keep the faith. Thats 3 more chances!

Thank you ! I’m so anxious as thinking most med schools have sent out a bulk of their offers ( and rejections) already what chances do I have? How common is it someone getting an offer very late in the process?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending