The Student Room Group

Midwifery interview for city university of london

Has anyone had interview at city university for midwifery ?Like what are the questions ?
Original post by Lalala899
Has anyone had interview at city university for midwifery ?Like what are the questions ?

I'm not a city of London university person as I did my midwifing degree in Scotland.
I'm a NHS Scotland registered midwife of almost 3 years.

I will give you some examples of what you might be asked for your interview okay ( did the university not send you anything to prepare and research for your interview )

Can you define the role of the midwife
Why have you chosen midwifery rather than paediatric nursing or any other nursing fields.
What do you know about the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Describe a typical day for a midwife
What are the current issues affecting midwifery (a example could be shortage of staffing ).
What experience do you have of midwifery if any.
How have you researched midwifery and what resources did you use
What will be the best and worst parts of being a midwife.
The 6 C's of nursing

How would you cope with a irate patient or there relatives
How would you cope with stress and what would you do of you feeling stressed out.
How will you deal with a bereavement and still be professional as a midwife or a nurse still
What are you like as a team worker as you need to be able to work as part of a team in a emergency situation
When is it right to ask for help from a colleague or manager ( example could be, you should be asking for help from them if you require any additional help to do your job..).
Reply 2
I have a question :

What would a midwife do if a patient was making decisions that would put her baby at risk ?

How does a midwife deal with death ,loss ,bereavement ?
Reply 3
Could you please email me privately ?
Reply 4
Could you please help me like how I would answer questions please….
Could you please email me privately ?

If you want anything answered then you can PM me and will do best to answer things but it will still be your own responsibility to research things.

I gave you a good list of example questions to allow you to research those for more information on these. We can't give you exact answers on things but can give you guidance on what you may be asked 🙂😃🙂

Could you please help me like how I would answer questions please….
Reply 6
I am not able to chat on this privately ,but could I please have your email address or something please
Reply 7
How does midwife deal with still birth and bereavement ?
I am not able to chat on this privately ,but could I please have your email address or something please

Don't give out personal email address etc to people I never met.......
I sent you a private message so you should be able to reply with it......!!!
Reply 9
How does midwife deal with stillbirth and bereavement ?

Can I please have some guidance on this

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending