AQA Religious Studies Help - Transcendence and Immanence of God

Watch this thread
yg18
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hi,
My RS mock is coming up soon and I’m struggling to find ideas for these:

Explain two ways in which belief in the immanence of God might influence Muslims (4)

Explain two ways in which belief in the transcendence of God might influence Muslims (4)

Any help would be appreciated please, many thanks
LightHades
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
1: One influence of a belief in Allah as immanent is that Muslims will be hopeful for the future. This is because, if Allah is immanent, he is involved with human life and can protect one from misfortunes: "Allah's love is 70 times greater than a mother's love," - Hadith.

Another influence of Allah's immanence is that Muslims will accept that the suffering they endure is for a reason. This is because, if Allah is immanent, he may actively choose what happens to humans (known as predestination in the Sunni faith) for a reason: "No misfortune befall except by the permission of Allah," - Quran.

2: One influence of a belief in Allah as transcendent is that Muslims will not compare him to anyone and thereby commit Shirk (the worst sin one can commit in Islam). Because Allah is transcendent, he is beyond our world and all we know: "There is nothing like him," - Quran.

Another influence in Allah's transcendence is that Muslims may develop greater trust with Allah. This is because Allah supersedes the laws of nature and physics and can help them regardless of their situation: "He who is able to do anything," - Quran.
yg18
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by LightHades)
1: One influence of a belief in Allah as immanent is that Muslims will be hopeful for the future. This is because, if Allah is immanent, he is involved with human life and can protect one from misfortunes: "Allah's love is 70 times greater than a mother's love," - Hadith.

Another influence of Allah's immanence is that Muslims will accept that the suffering they endure is for a reason. This is because, if Allah is immanent, he may actively choose what happens to humans (known as predestination in the Sunni faith) for a reason: "No misfortune befall except by the permission of Allah," - Quran.

2: One influence of a belief in Allah as transcendent is that Muslims will not compare him to anyone and thereby commit Shirk (the worst sin one can commit in Islam). Because Allah is transcendent, he is beyond our world and all we know: "There is nothing like him," - Quran.

Another influence in Allah's transcendence is that Muslims may develop greater trust with Allah. This is because Allah supersedes the laws of nature and physics and can help them regardless of their situation: "He who is able to do anything," - Quran.
Thank you so much, now I can finish off my revision ☺️
LightHades
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by yg18)
Thank you so much, now I can finish off my revision ☺️
No problem, I hope the mocks go well for you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (55)
27.36%
As I expected (65)
32.34%
Harder (73)
36.32%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
3.98%

Watched Threads