which year are u? are u also preparing mock or real one
Reply 2
Original post by Day Toy
which year are u? are u also preparing mock or real one

im in yr 11 preparing fr mock which gonna be on monday 14th march
Reply 3
Original post by minod

for the unseen, it is always explore how the poet present xxx. and it is normally easier, however u still have to spend some time on it until u fully understand it.

As it is a 20 mark question the introduction and conclusion are not that important but u still need to have around 2-4 sentences.

I suggest u follow the sequence of the poem so that it is easier to write, for example:

1st body: at the beginning of the poem the writer explores xxx as he/she do xxx.

2nd body: as the poem continues, the 'theme' becomes more in detailed.

3rd body: at the end of the poem, the poet builds up the 'theme' by...

also, always remember PEEL, it is very important to write them fully so that you won't be off topic, eg:

the poet uses 'technique[eg: metaphor]' to show her 'theme [eg: excitement]', this can be shown because the writer describes 'A' as 'B', which emphasise the 'the thing the poet wants to show', this makes the reader 'effect [eg: this gives the reader and immediacy that makes them easier to understand...]'
Reply 4
Original post by minod

by the way have u done any 2021's mock? if u did can u pls tell me what was the 2 poem for comparison?
Reply 5
Original post by Day Toy
for the unseen, it is always explore how the poet present xxx. and it is normally easier, however u still have to spend some time on it until u fully understand it.

As it is a 20 mark question the introduction and conclusion are not that important but u still need to have around 2-4 sentences.

I suggest u follow the sequence of the poem so that it is easier to write, for example:

1st body: at the beginning of the poem the writer explores xxx as he/she do xxx.

2nd body: as the poem continues, the 'theme' becomes more in detailed.

3rd body: at the end of the poem, the poet builds up the 'theme' by...

also, always remember PEEL, it is very important to write them fully so that you won't be off topic, eg:

the poet uses 'technique[eg: metaphor]' to show her 'theme [eg: excitement]', this can be shown because the writer describes 'A' as 'B', which emphasise the 'the thing the poet wants to show', this makes the reader 'effect [eg: this gives the reader and immediacy that makes them easier to understand...]'

tq for the reply!
anyways i haven't done my literature paper 2 in 2021 mocks this is the first time
Reply 6
Original post by Day Toy
by the way have u done any 2021's mock? if u did can u pls tell me what was the 2 poem for comparison?

suggest any tips to improve my english grade coz im currently working on grade 3 but i need get grade 6 or above to do my a levels so suggest and give me an idea of how to improve my grades pleaseeee
Reply 7
Original post by minod
suggest any tips to improve my english grade coz im currently working on grade 3 but i need get grade 6 or above to do my a levels so suggest and give me an idea of how to improve my grades pleaseeee

hmm, did u write enough? just remember when ur doing the test always try to do all the essay rather than finish 1 wonderfully and leave 2 blank. (If ur quick enough probably write about 700, if not them u should write at least 450)

Now, my few tips about section c, modern prose

off topic will affect a lot on ur grade, so make urself a rough structure first. eg[Of Mice and Men, George]:
body1: aggressive
body2: smart, intelligent
body3: Dream
(PS: this structure is only used when they ask: explore the character xxx)

when it is asking the significant of characters always write about how the character represent the society first, eg:
I would write: George is a product in the 1930s, he's reflects the xxx society at that time...
rather than: George is an aggressive man, we know this through...

another point is that section c always requires for detailed understanding of character and understanding of context!!! otherwise you'll lose at least 1/3 of marks! therefore u have to mention context as well! this need to be linked naturally through paragraphs, eg: As the dog is useless, Curly kills the dog, which shows the creulty of the society (don't stop here, say more!), the workers only live in the present, and they don't care about what happened in the past... (u can normally stop here but! If u can, say even more), which also reflects the name of the novella: OMAM...(then explain the the name of novella)

for conclusion, don't add any new ideas but just summary what u've said in ur body paragraphs.

so:
intro: what I'm going to say
body 1: key idea 1
body 2: key idea 2
body 3: key idea 3
conclusions: what I've said

it is going to be even better it u can show some critical thinking through the essay but it is not necessary
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Day Toy
hmm, did u write enough? just remember when ur doing the test always try to do all the essay rather than finish 1 wonderfully and leave 2 blank. (If ur quick enough probably write about 700, if not them u should write at least 450)

Now, my few tips about section c, modern prose

off topic will affect a lot on ur grade, so make urself a rough structure first. eg[Of Mice and Men, George]:
body1: aggressive
body2: smart, intelligent
body3: Dream
(PS: this structure is only used when they ask: explore the character xxx)

when it is asking the significant of characters always write about how the character represent the society first, eg:
I would write: George is a product in the 1930s, he's reflects the xxx society at that time...
rather than: George is an aggressive man, we know this through...

another point is that section c always requires for detailed understanding of character and understanding of context!!! otherwise you'll lose at least 1/3 of marks! therefore u have to mention context as well! this need to be linked naturally through paragraphs, eg: As the dog is useless, Curly kills the dog, which shows the creulty of the society (don't stop here, say more!), the workers only live in the present, and they don't care about what happened in the past... (u can normally stop here but! If u can, say even more), which also reflects the name of the novella: OMAM...(then explain the the name of novella)

for conclusion, don't add any new ideas but just summary what u've said in ur body paragraphs.

so:
intro: what I'm going to say
body 1: key idea 1
body 2: key idea 2
body 3: key idea 3
conclusions: what I've said

it is going to be even better it u can show some critical thinking through the essay but it is not necessary

tq xx
Reply 9
Original post by minod
tq xx

by the way can u pls tell me what 2 poems you get after ur exam? Also the Of Mice and Men character pls if you can!
Reply 10
yh sure xx ill
Reply 11
Original post by Day Toy
by the way can u pls tell me what 2 poems you get after ur exam? Also the Of Mice and Men character pls if you can!

hy xx can you please help me fr history as well coz im gonna do my Paper2: USA conflict at home and abroad (1 hour 20 minutes) - this will include BOTH Civil Rights AND Vietnam War i dunno wat questions gonna come up if you have any ideas means,can you help please
Original post by minod
hy xx can you please help me fr history as well coz im gonna do my Paper2: USA conflict at home and abroad (1 hour 20 minutes) - this will include BOTH Civil Rights AND Vietnam War i dunno wat questions gonna come up if you have any ideas means,can you help please

ahhh sorry I don't do history for GCSE but what the examiner (history) want is always how you evaluated the event. therefore I think that you need to argue in ur essay. So what I suggest is to write in the structure below:
if you think u agree with what they do:
1. intro
2. against - where they did wrong - causing what problem - link back to question (eg: from xxx way, this brings negetive effect to the society)
3. then, for: However ...... what's right - how this affect (in long term/ short term)
4. furthermore (if you want to develop more from 2.)/ On another hand
5. conclusion, give a clear point on your own opinion

if you disagree:
intro - for - however, against - against - to conclude, the 'event' brings negetive impact ...
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 13
Original post by Day Toy
ahhh sorry I don't do history for GCSE but what the examiner (history) want is always how you evaluated the event. therefore I think that you need to argue in ur essay. So what I suggest is to write in the structure below:
if you think u agree with what they do:
1. intro
2. against - where they did wrong - causing what problem - link back to question (eg: from xxx way, this brings negetive effect to the society)
3. then, for: However ...... what's right - how this affect (in long term/ short term)
4. furthermore (if you want to develop more from 2.)/ On another hand
5. conclusion, give a clear point on your own opinion

if you disagree:
intro - for - however, against - against - to conclude, the 'event' brings negetive impact ...

tqsm xx

Quick Reply

Latest