Hi everyone, I'm an international student and as the title says, have received conditional offers to study at the following universities:
1. University of Reading - MSc Language Sciences
2. University of York - MA Psycholinguistics
3. University of Essex - MA Psycholinguistics
Each course has almost all the modules I want to study (even though the Neurolinguistics module page on the University of York website makes it pretty clear that they cannot support Neurolinguistics research due to limited resources), and each course has a plus point:
1. Reading: has a very good placement module.
2. York: has great scholarships, great reputation for research (given that it's a Russell Group uni).
3. Essex: great modules, plus one of the professors there is currently working on/researching the same topics I'm interested in.
Now the thing is, as an international student with severe budget limitations, I must seriously consider the costs as well as the course quality (and uni/department reputation) before I make a decision.
So I'd greatly appreciate if anyone could tell me what it's like to study at any of these unis in terms of:
1. Reputation of the particular department, quality of research and professors
2. Part-time work opportunities
3. Living costs
I have read quite a lot about these things on the websites too, but would really like to hear from someone who has actually studied/knows someone who has studied at these universities so that I can make an informed decision.