The Student Room Group

McLaren Work Experience 2022

Hey! I'm looking to apply for the McLaren Work Experience (marketing/media) this year and was wondering if anyone had any tips on what to include? I've competed in F1 in Schools at a National level and run my own business but I don't know if that's enough?? I presume it's going to be highly competitive... Thanks so much :smile:

Scroll to see replies

Has anyone got a reply after the video interview yet?
(edited 2 years ago)
Did you apply for a technical or media experience? I’ve not heard anything yet either
I didn't know there were two options? I applied for the F1 engineering work experience week at the tech centre. So I presume the technical one?
Yes I applied for the same, did you hear anything else? Just as by the looks of it the girl above applied for media
Nope
Original post by Casper Willis
Has anyone got a reply after the video interview yet?

I think I did the engineering one and I've had no reply from the video interview yet either
Reply 7
does anyone know when they usually reply?
Original post by S.Nasir
does anyone know when they usually reply?

Not sure at all, I keep checking my emails
By the looks of it no one's got a reply yet so no need to worry
I was going to say they took 2 weeks with the reply for the application, but that was just sifting so I'm guessing they are watching a deliberating over the video interviews.
Did we all get the same questions to answer then?
Anything over 2 weeks you can presume you didn't get it. They don't respond to unsuccessful applicants. Same as any other job interviews.
Original post by theswimgeeza
I was going to say they took 2 weeks with the reply for the application, but that was just sifting so I'm guessing they are watching a deliberating over the video interviews.

Realistically id imagine the way they do it is they score responses you give for every question, they will have a pre-set criteria of what you need to get X amount of points on each one, then the highest scorers will be moved onto the next stage at some point; nowadays large companies try to limit things which are subjective/based on judgment (especially pre in person interview), as this helps to minimise the effects of implicit bias (and for a large applicant pool, it’s just more manageable method of sorting applications).
Original post by Theodore2424
Anything over 2 weeks you can presume you didn't get it. They don't respond to unsuccessful applicants. Same as any other job interviews.

Mclaren do as some of my friends who also applied did not get through
I doubt that they will reply in 2 weeks since the work experience will start later in the summer so they would want to make the most opportunities for the best amount of people so there's probably no need to worry since quite a few of us got into the next stage. I'm sure they'll reply if anyone has been rejected too?
Hey, can someone point me in the direction of the media based work experience role? I’d registered my interest a whole back but I was only notified about the engineering role? Thanks :smile:
Original post by justjas33
Hey, can someone point me in the direction of the media based work experience role? I’d registered my interest a whole back but I was only notified about the engineering role? Thanks :smile:

Hi! I don't think there is any work experience right now for media, but you can register an interest for it on the mclaren careers website and if enough people want to have a media - based work experience, there may be one in the future : )

One website to look out for work experience on is Formula Careers, and you can filter if you want a summer internship, work exerperience, placements etc
Original post by S.Nasir
Hi! I don't think there is any work experience right now for media, but you can register an interest for it on the mclaren careers website and if enough people want to have a media - based work experience, there may be one in the future : )

One website to look out for work experience on is Formula Careers, and you can filter if you want a summer internship, work exerperience, placements etc

Oh okay cool, thank you! I thought I’d completely missed it somehow😅 yes formula careers is a lifesaver, LinkedIn is great too
Original post by theswimgeeza
Mclaren do as some of my friends who also applied did not get through

were they told through the email or did they just not get one at all

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending