The Student Room Group
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford

Oxford DPIR 2022 Applicants

Thought it would be easier if we created our own thread :smile:

I applied for the MPhil in European Politics and Society. Button disappeared Thursday, have not heard anything as of today!
(edited 1 year ago)

Scroll to see replies

Thanks! Great idea! Applied to MPhil IR and even though some offers have been sent yesterday, I did not receive anything yet...upload button disappeared yesterday
(edited 1 year ago)
University of Oxford, Pawel-Sytniewski
University of Oxford
Oxford
Original post by stillwaiting22
Thanks! Great idea! Applied to MPhil IR and even though some offers have been sent yesterday, I did not receive anything yet...upload button disappeared yesterday

Ditto
Reply 3
Hi guys, I received my offer yesterday but my upload button is still there (I just checked). I received an email from one person of the department around 5pm UK Time. And I applied for the January deadline in case that is of interest. Good luck to you!
Original post by widkos
Hi guys, I received my offer yesterday but my upload button is still there (I just checked). I received an email from one person of the department around 5pm UK Time. And I applied for the January deadline in case that is of interest. Good luck to you!

Congrats on your offer! Did you apply for the MPhil IR?
Reply 5
Original post by widkos

Congrats!! Did you apply for IR? If so could you please tell us about your profile?
Reply 6
Original post by darrochomou
Congrats on your offer! Did you apply for the MPhil IR?

Yes, the MPhil International Relations. Sorry, should have mentioned that!
Original post by widkos

are all offers send by individuals from the department? or are they send by like the DPIR admission office? Does someone know? And congrats to you!!!
(edited 1 year ago)
Has anyone for MPhil Politics (European Pol. and Society) got an offer? Upload button disappeared for me yesterday, but no 2am Mail.
Thought it would be easier if we created our own thread :smile:

I applied for the MPhil in European Politics and Society. Button disappeared Thursday, have not heard anything as of today!

I’m intrigued! I’m in the same boat too - would you be expecting a conditional or unconditional offer? My upload button is gone too, however I find it interesting what was said on the main thread RE condition vs unconditional decisions and timing.

I’m currently completing an MSc and already have a first class BSc, so would expect no conditions on an offer
Original post by schooners2020
I’m intrigued! I’m in the same boat too - would you be expecting a conditional or unconditional offer? My upload button is gone too, however I find it interesting what was said on the main thread RE condition vs unconditional decisions and timing.

I’m currently completing an MSc and already have a first class BSc, so would expect no conditions on an offer

I'm currently finishing my BA Degree (expected First Class), so I would be expecting a conditional offer. I only know about the upload button meaning that a decision has been made, but I don't know anything about timing and un/conditional offers. Do you mind sharing what was said?
Reply 11
I'm currently finishing my BA Degree (expected First Class), so I would be expecting a conditional offer. I only know about the upload button meaning that a decision has been made, but I don't know anything about timing and un/conditional offers. Do you mind sharing what was said?

I graduated with a first class in BSc Politics and IR and have a fair amount of work experience in research.

Sounds good.

Something along the lines of conditional vs unconditional impacting the button? But I don’t see that being a valid assumption.

The other thing mentioned which seems more plausible, is the sending of Unconditional offers first, then conditional, then waitlist etc… though I can’t imagine the gap between them would be long
Reply 13
Can we agree that it’s not probable that they’ve made all their offers already?
Original post by schooners2020
Sounds good.

Something along the lines of conditional vs unconditional impacting the button? But I don’t see that being a valid assumption.

The other thing mentioned which seems more plausible, is the sending of Unconditional offers first, then conditional, then waitlist etc… though I can’t imagine the gap between them would be long

Ah I see, thanks for sharing.

I am also intrigued to see if offers or rejections are sent first. From what I've gathered on other threads, no offers for MPhil Politics (all of them) have been sent, only for MPhil IR. Would be interesting to see what happens Monday (if we don't get rejected during the weekend!)
Original post by acshaz
Can we agree that it’s not probable that they’ve made all their offers already?

I've only seen offers for MPhil IR, not one for MPhil Politics. We'll definitely know more Monday!
anyone applied to mphil political theory? :smile:
Howdy -- I applied to the MPhil in International Relations and received a conditional offer from the DPIR office yesterday. Currently finishing my BA in IR w/ relevant work experience & LoRs (also posted some details on grad cafe). The upload button has not disappeared for me so I'd assume that the button theory isn't entirely accurate. My application was already submitted and marked as "ready for assessment" last September so this could be why I heard back early. Goodluck to everyone else and look forward to seeing you this October.
(edited 1 year ago)
Reply 18
Original post by AndreMarty
Howdy -- I applied to the MPhil in International Relations and received a conditional offer from the DPIR office yesterday. Currently finishing my BA in IR w/ relevant work experience & LoRs (also posted some details on grad cafe). The upload button has not disappeared for me so I'd assume that the button theory isn't entirely accurate. My application was already submitted and marked as "ready for assessment" last September so this could be why I heard back early. Goodluck to everyone else and look forward to seeing you this October.

Hi! Congrats!! Did you post about this on the main thread?
Original post by acshaz
Hi! Congrats!! Did you post about this on the main thread?

Not yet because I couldn't figure out how to sign up for an account until perhaps an hour ago -- thanks for the reminder.

Quick Reply

Latest