The Student Room Group

Supplementation

Is there any supplements I could take to help with my immune system? I work out and eat well and overall fit however, I get ill a fair amount and a simple cold can ruin me.

I’m not expecting it to rid me of any illness ever but maybe something that’d help a tiny bit would be nice. Secondly where can I get well dosed vitamins for the days I eat less fruit and veg? Many thanks.
Plant-based multivitamins or fish oil capsules - taking both might be too much vitamin D. Those both work well for me. (Fish oil has vitamins D and A) Honestly, the best thing you can do to keep from getting sick is washing your hands and not touching common surfaces like doorknobs and elevator buttons except with your elbow.
Supplements such as: omega 3 fish oil, vitamin D, vitamin C, zinc, vitamin A and vitamin B. I would recommend getting a multivitamin, omega 3 fish oils and a vitamin D supplement. Try to include more antioxidants in your diet as well such as blueberries, strawberries, dark chocolate (over a 70% cocoa percentage, better for your heart), raspberries, kidney beans, gala apples etc. Green tea is also good for this but I know it has an acquired taste that not everyone likes!! I would recommend taking your supplements daily. You can get them off amazon, myvitamins, supermarkets etc etc.
Yes the supplement is required for improving the fitness level ...
I take Vitamins D, A, Magnesium and Omega 3. It's definitely better to get tested first before taking any supps.

Quick Reply

Latest