The Student Room Group
University of York
York

University of York- Politics

Hi,
I have firmed University of York, studying Politics with International Relations and was wondering if anyone else was planning on studying this too (2022)? :smile:
Reply 1
Hi! Are you currently studying at York? Im considering applying for International Relations, but I am unsure what the politics department is like. If possible, could you share a general review?
University of York
York
Original post by bee7635
Hi! Are you currently studying at York? Im considering applying for International Relations, but I am unsure what the politics department is like. If possible, could you share a general review?

Hi there,

It's great to hear that you're considering applying to York! I reached out to a current student (James) who studies International Relations, and put your question to them - here's what they said:

The Politics Department is above D Bar in Derwent College. Lectures and Seminar Tutors offer Feedback and Guidance Hours which they usually advertise before starting a lecture or a seminar. You can book an appointment either on zoom or in their offices to discuss topics you may be struggling with. Also the department allocates you a Personal Supervisor. You can contact your personal supervisor in relation to well-being as well as academic needs. This is a really useful contact to have and one I use regularly to clarify information about exams, abroad programmes etc.

Academic Staff also mingle and get to know students at regular 'pol-soc' events. Every student enrolled into Politics and International Relations is automatically enrolled into the Politics Society and again, students are notified whenever these events take place. - James :smile:

I hope this helps! - Hannah :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest