The Student Room Group

ramadan revision plan

this is to any other muslims or people who stay up revising.

do you think it’d be effective to sleep after i get back from school and revise from like after isha (night prayer around 10 ish) till i leave for school

the biggest problem for me would be switching my sleep pattern

but other than that i’ve heard other people do it and i wanna know of your experiences
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Original post by laylaqasim
this is to any other muslims or people who stay up revising.

do you think it’d be effective to sleep after i get back from school and revise from like after isha (night prayer around 10 ish) till i leave for school

the biggest problem for me would be switching my sleep pattern

but other than that i’ve heard other people do it and i wanna know of your experiences

yeah i tried the maths and sleeping from 4pm to 8pm wouldn’t be enough so i think i’d also add from 10pm to whenever to 2am
Reply 2
Omg I was thinking about it as well, but I dont wanna mess up my sleeping schedule
Reply 3
Original post by Sohello
Omg I was thinking about it as well, but I dont wanna mess up my sleeping schedule

i’m in y13 and haven’t properly started revising yet and i feel like next month is gonna be crucial😭 do u know of anyone else who’s done it?
Reply 4
I think this is very doable as long as you know your can revise effectively in late nights as, for me, i practically switch off after 8pm lmao. I'm also in year 13 and was thinking of naps after school followed by non-intensive revision and then revising really hard from iftar to whenever i'm tired
Reply 5
Original post by A.B72
I think this is very doable as long as you know your can revise effectively in late nights as, for me, i practically switch off after 8pm lmao. I'm also in year 13 and was thinking of naps after school followed by non-intensive revision and then revising really hard from iftar to whenever i'm tired

i hear thattt, i’ll try it out bc revising after school would be extremely tiring
During my a levels what I did (found effective) was as soon as I got home from school/college, I did Wudu and prayed, sorted out my books and got a few past papers ready and printed. Then I took a 2 hour nap, then I got myself up and just dived straight in with the materials I set up before I went to sleep. That would keep me occupied for 2/3 hours until I break my fast. Then I just continue studying until fajr (this was during exam season so it was very intense). I got AAA in the end so I believe it was effective
If u are fasting when are u going to hav iftar, i hav also been thinking of it. I have two plans as I can get up before suhoor and can stay up and work like everyday till tarawee and sleep or stay up all night till fajr and then I don’t have to go to school so I’m planning on sleeping but if i sleep u can’t pray or if that isn’t ur concern u can sleep till iftar and then study all night but how much sleep are u going to get this way? That’s the point work efficiently
Reply 8
Original post by laylaqasim
i’m in y13 and haven’t properly started revising yet and i feel like next month is gonna be crucial😭 do u know of anyone else who’s done it?

Im in year 11 and I havent either,for you it’s obviously harder so I feel for you ahaha. And No idk anybody who’s done that, im going to try and see if any muslim youtubers have done it and how effective it was for them?? Last year during Ramadan I would close my eyes whilst praying taraweeh and literally be about to fall asleep halfway through my prayer , I was THAT tired, so idk wth imma do this year.

But, I remember doing homework before iftaari and I remember actually being able to concentrate.

I dont wanna mess my sleeping schedule up so I think for the first week I’m going to revise afterschool before iftari for like 2/3 hours and then quick recall between maghrib and isha, read taraweeh and sleep. And during the first week sehri will be later so I think I might stay awake after it and then once sehri is earlier i’ll stay awake until it and revise but nap for an hour afterschool.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending