The Student Room Group

Online Teaching Tips

Hello everyone!

My school is beginning online learning tomorrow due to covid (not in the UK). Does anyone have any tips for online teaching? It's been over a year since I last did it and I don't think I did very well last time.

I teach high school history classes and will be using Teams.

Thanks for any help!
Reply 1
Original post by EIL3EN
Hello everyone!

My school is beginning online learning tomorrow due to covid (not in the UK). Does anyone have any tips for online teaching? It's been over a year since I last did it and I don't think I did very well last time.

I teach high school history classes and will be using Teams.

Thanks for any help!

Hi, my experience of online teaching is mainly business and psychology (and I’m working toward PhD with OU). OU have some excellent resources (open access), if you have not explored these this may be a starter for you http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/classicalstudies/?p=1679 , lots of links to online teaching classics. Hope this helps (if not I have others of a more general nature, feel free to message me if you want some).
Reply 2
Original post by PIPTEACH
Hi, my experience of online teaching is mainly business and psychology (and I’m working toward PhD with OU). OU have some excellent resources (open access), if you have not explored these this may be a starter for you http://www.open.ac.uk/blogs/classicalstudies/?p=1679 , lots of links to online teaching classics. Hope this helps (if not I have others of a more general nature, feel free to message me if you want some).

That's super helpful thank you, I actually teach an ancient history course this semester!
I found when doing online teaching during covid a couple of things were really important.
- make sure to put the time into prep and have a strong structure to your class.
- focus on what are the key points you want to get across and ensure that you cover these
- have backup plans ready for any problems that could emerge
- have workarounds for technical issues etc if possible.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending