The Student Room Group

Can't re-apply for student finance

I'm going into my third year of uni and I got an email from SFE on Tuesday saying re-applications for the 2022/23 academic year were open. I tried to re-apply. but it kept saying 'You can't apply yet - check back when applications are open' - but they are open. What makes this weirder is that my brother, who also goes to uni, was able to re-apply fine. When I re-applied for my second year, there was no issue.

Anyone else having this problem? I don't know what's going on. Is anyone able to help?
Original post by Ciaragri
I'm going into my third year of uni and I got an email from SFE on Tuesday saying re-applications for the 2022/23 academic year were open. I tried to re-apply. but it kept saying 'You can't apply yet - check back when applications are open' - but they are open. What makes this weirder is that my brother, who also goes to uni, was able to re-apply fine. When I re-applied for my second year, there was no issue.

Anyone else having this problem? I don't know what's going on. Is anyone able to help?

Hi,

Are you applying to Student Finance England as a home student?

Regards, Duncan
Reply 2
Original post by Duncan SFE
Hi,

Are you applying to Student Finance England as a home student?

Regards, Duncan

Hi Duncan,

I assume by home student you mean a UK student? Yes, I am. I’m applying from England
Original post by Ciaragri
Hi Duncan,

I assume by home student you mean a UK student? Yes, I am. I’m applying from England

If it's not allowing you to apply online, I'd recommend applying via paper form here - http://ow.ly/la9H30sc3NT

Regards, Duncan
Reply 4
I am having the same issue and spoke to SFE over the phone and made it quite clear that I have NO printer I can use and yet I was just sent a form I have to print out in by mail. I keep trying to update the info for my online application but I just get redirected to the same place when I do so... like a recursion.
Original post by Anagntyr
I am having the same issue and spoke to SFE over the phone and made it quite clear that I have NO printer I can use and yet I was just sent a form I have to print out in by mail. I keep trying to update the info for my online application but I just get redirected to the same place when I do so... like a recursion.

Hi there,

Do you have a non-English address on your account at the moment?

Thanks, Graeme

https://www.gov.uk/student-finance-register-login

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending