The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I get £100 a week, and extra spending money on things I need to buy that I like
I get £70 a month but I have to buy all my clothes unless they're for school and anything else I need comes out of that too. Though having said that, my parents pay for my horse as well which is really expensive, all I pay for is show entries.
ramroff
I get £100 a week, and extra spending money on things I need to buy that I like

:eek: :eek: :eek: ..thats loads.

I just get £30 per week from my job and thats it! :mad:
Reply 23
john williams
:eek: :eek: :eek: ..thats loads.

I just get £30 per week from my job and thats it! :mad:

Err no not really I do end up spending so much of it going out on the town and all that (as you do) so I'm quite broke at the end of a week!!!
I get £40 from my dad even though I'm working because otherwise I pointed out to him it makes me less keen to get a job if i was gonna loose that money(got one now though) but I have to pay phone bill too.
Reply 25
ramroff
Err no not really I do end up spending so much of it going out on the town and all that (as you do) so I'm quite broke at the end of a week!!!

Not sure how you could be broke by the end of the week. Oh well.

I have never got pocket money regulary. My Grandad would buy my sweets as a kid, and then when I got to about 10 would give me a pound to buy my own.
My dad now occasionally gives me £10 if I mention I'm going shopping in a different city or he remembers it is someones birthday etc. I do help him out with work (most recently fitting a boiler) and get money for that...but thats like a job because I actually have to work for it.
My mum will pay for food in college one day a week, and sometimes gives me money back for my bus fare.

I've worked since I was 14 and paid for my own things as much as I could.
Getting pocket money while being able to have a job seems really strange to me.
Reply 26
****, I must be spoiled. I get 100 a week + 4.5k loan. :biggrin:

Plus my car filled up with petrol everytime I come home and shopping...

Maybe id be better if I had to look for a job :rolleyes:
i get 65 a week off the parents
Reply 28
Being 21, I give my parents pocket money... so long as they're good.

Latest

Trending

Trending