The Student Room Group

What is the structure for an A level Law question?

what is the best structure for an A level law answer, i'm currently doing aqa law, and i'm not sure on the best structure to get as much marks as possible, some people have started out with defining the act, others with just relevant cases then into key elements, but what is the general structure that you would recommend or use to get as much marks as possible?
i do a mix of both?

for example, for murder i'd give the definition, then break it into its key elements.

actus reus (adding cases where relevant), then mens rea (adding cases where relevant.)

i think then you can manage to cover all bases?
Reply 2
Original post by dellam8
i do a mix of both?

for example, for murder i'd give the definition, then break it into its key elements.

actus reus (adding cases where relevant), then mens rea (adding cases where relevant.)

i think then you can manage to cover all bases?

is addig the dates relevant, does it gain any more marks, also whats your approach to like 30 mark questions?
Original post by chad2002
is addig the dates relevant, does it gain any more marks, also whats your approach to like 30 mark questions?

ummm tbh my law teacher hasn't said if adding dates helps/hinders you. i doubt it - she said finding counter arguments is more important for getting an a*.

if the 30 mark scenario had negligence, ola 57, contributory negligence and volenti, i'd do negligence first, then the relevant defence (e.g contributory neg.), then ola 57 and the relevant defence (e.g volenti.)

within each, e.g. for negligence, i'd do: duty (case), apply whether there was duty in the scenario, breach (case), apply whether there was breach in the scenario, remoteness (case), apply whether there was remoteness in the scenario.

(:

Quick Reply

Latest