The Student Room Group

Question for guys in their 20s

I’m going on a date with a guy in his mid 20s. I’m the same age but I’ve only ever dated older men. I did date someone my age once recently and they ghosted me afterwards so I don’t think I acted right on it and seemed too serious or mature which works better with older guys.

Question for the guys what do you want someone to be like on a first date in general? Do you prefer it to be fun and lighthearted with lots of jokes and stuff or do you prefer an in depth conversation and a girl who is more calm and nice. And what would she wear. Pls don’t tell me to ‘be myself’ cause I have many different sides but nerves on dates make me come across really stiff

Help!
A mix between both lighthearted and serious is a good place to start.

Original post by Anonymous
Pls don’t tell me to ‘be myself’

Honestly that really is the best way to be on a first date. If you act like a different person, that means you have to upkeep that for as long as you see them for. Which can cause issues if a relationship started to develop.
Definitely fun and lighthearted with jokes, its a date not a job interview lol. but for what you should wear, just be yourself :smile:
Fun and light-hearted of course. .
Not a guy
But a girl in her 20s
Depends on where you’re going for the date, it would be midi dress or jeans and a flashy top
Or if it’s a super casual date then leggings and a cool sweatshirt maybe
As for how to act? Don’t die die how to act cause the purpose of a date is to see if you guys bond
Waste of time if you bond over a fake personality and it’s not healthy
If you’re naturally more serious/ mature let it happen cause that’s just you and they’ll see if they can vibe with you or not
Or just don’t control how you talk etc and let the date flowwww
Have funnnn
how come you have only ever dated older men?
Reply 6
Original post by karl pilkington
how come you have only ever dated older men?

Probably cause I’m so serious and more on the nature side I found it easier to get along with them and they found me more attractive than guys my age did
Original post by Anonymous
Probably cause I’m so serious and more on the nature side I found it easier to get along with them and they found me more attractive than guys my age did

what is the oldest you have been with
Reply 8
Original post by karl pilkington
what is the oldest you have been with

Lol 39
Definitely be fun and joke around lol.
tbh we are all different the person who ghosted you maybe just didn't like you just try and vibe with the person
Thanks another question is

How do you if a date has gone well? Like if you just grab one or two drinks then go home does it mean it was mediocre?

I’ve heard peoples ‘amazing’ dates lasted several hours or even all night. I won’t be able to do that as I have to get home a bit earlier

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending