The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

What would you write about in your Warwick Global Excellence Scholarship Essay?

Hey there! I’ve just completed my Warwick Global Excellence Scholarship essay although I think its pretty generic. I was wondering what you guys would write about and how you’d relate it to the topic “What Makes You Excellent”. I’ve added a good portion about academic achievements and community building activities, but I’d love to hear how you would/have approach(ed) it.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Ilian07
Hey there! I’ve just completed my Warwick Global Excellence Scholarship essay although I think its pretty generic. I was wondering what you guys would write about and how you’d relate it to the topic “What Makes You Excellent”. I’ve added a good portion about academic achievements and community building activities, but I’d love to hear how you would/have approach(ed) it.

Hey,
I wrote mine as well and I kinda have the same problem of feeling like it’s too generic even though the mix of achievements I put are unique to me.
Can I ask, which course are you applying for?
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Also, can i just say that I’m really happy that I found other international students who are applying to the same scholarship! Wherr else have you applied?
Reply 3
Original post by Wonkagenius
Also, can i just say that I’m really happy that I found other international students who are applying to the same scholarship! Wherr else have you applied?

Accepted at the University of Toronto-Scarborough and the University of Sydney, which by in large are the notable ones, and a few other universities in Australia/Canada. I also was offered a place at Durham as well.
Reply 4
Hey,
I wrote mine as well and I kinda have the same problem of feeling like it’s too generic even though the mix of achievements I put are unique to me.
Can I ask, which course are you applying for?

BSc Accounting and Finance.
Reply 5
Original post by Ilian07
BSc Accounting and Finance.

same course here!
I really don't understand what they mean by "make the world a better place" in accounting and finance
can u guides help me out?
Reply 6
Original post by do minh
same course here!
I really don't understand what they mean by "make the world a better place" in accounting and finance
can u guides help me out?

Firstly I suggest you expand on what makes you excellent in the first place and, how through your degree at Warwick you can bring about a change locally, globally, economically, etc. Basically link your excellence back to your reasons for studying accounting and finance and how you can contribute through your experience.
How did you guys answer the “what will u do if u dont get the scholarship?” question
Can’t really understand the hidden aim of this question
How did you guys answer the “what will u do if u dont get the scholarship?” question
Can’t really understand the hidden aim of this question

hi! where did you find that question?
On a scale of 1-10, 10 being very confident, how certain are you guys about getting the scholarship? Do you feel your chances are high/low/non-existent lol?
Did anyone recieve any email regarding the scholarship after the deadline?
Original post by Aleeesha
Did anyone recieve any email regarding the scholarship after the deadline?

on the faq page it says they will reply before 9th of june (which is insurance and firm unis choice decision deadline)
Guys I have some bad news... I don't know if you guys attended the Warwick live briefing event with QnA but during that briefing, they said around 1000 students applied for this scholarship :frown:
Original post by Akhiboy
Guys I have some bad news... I don't know if you guys attended the Warwick live briefing event with QnA but during that briefing, they said around 1000 students applied for this scholarship :frown:

and like only 200 or something people are getting it?
That’s better than last year i think where 1500 people applied.
Reply 15
Original post by yuningzhang

Don’t worry, I’ll be withdrawing my Warwick Application tomorrow and many like me will follow if they’ve got an offer from their top choices. So there’s a 2/9 probability you’ll get one which would make the odds in your favour.
(edited 1 year ago)
Original post by Ilian07
Don’t worry, I’ll be withdrawing my Warwick Application tomorrow and many like me will follow if they’ve got an offer from their top choices. So there’s a 2/9 probability you’ll get one which would make the odds in your favour.

God bless you xx
Original post by Ilian07

Thank you so much lol x
Original post by yuningzhang

yed
do you think i can email them and ask to apply for the scholarship even though the deadline has passed? (i have an offer) i also applied to warwick last year and the deadline for scholarship was in june so i wrongly assumed it was the same this year. also didn’t get any emails regarding it

Quick Reply

Latest