The Student Room Group

Being picked from reserve list - Application passed to Vacancy Manager?

Hi.

Sorry for another thread, but a job I applied for in January placed me on the reserve list in February. Last Wednesday they emailed me to say that my application has been passed on to a Vacancy Manager and they may contact me to discuss their role. If no contact has been made then they'll continue to keep my details on reserve list etc.

Anyone got experience with this situation? Several days have passed now, so I am assuming nothing has come of it, but I've never experienced this before and just wanted to see if anyone knew exactly what it meant. I.e. do a few people from the reserve list have their applications looked at, the whole reserve list, etc.

Thanks
This is incredibly common in Civil Service. Id still expect contact to be made within the initial 2 weeks from that email, ensure your contact details are up to date. If circumstances do change and they locate someone internally/issue with funding, you'll still have your spot on the reserve list.
Reply 2
Original post by Mollymonstar
This is incredibly common in Civil Service. Id still expect contact to be made within the initial 2 weeks from that email, ensure your contact details are up to date. If circumstances do change and they locate someone internally/issue with funding, you'll still have your spot on the reserve list.

Thanks. I've got my fingers crossed I do hear something, is there a good chance I'm quite high up on the reserve list based on this would you say? I just wasn't sure if they 'passed on' the entire reserve list to the VM or just a select few people
Can I ask what role this was for? I also applied for a position in January and was put on the reserve list in February for a ho risk analyst.
Reply 4
Original post by Belle1982
Can I ask what role this was for? I also applied for a position in January and was put on the reserve list in February for a ho risk analyst.

Of course, this was for the OSE role (EO) with the Department of Education.
Reply 5
Original post by Horlj
Of course, this was for the OSE role (EO) with the Department of Education.

The department for education offered me an EO role of the reserve list last week after sending me the same email you received.
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by MAI10
The department for education offered me an EO role of the reserve list last week after sending me the same email you received.

Ah then maybe that was the one! Congrats!

I received the email on Wednesday afternoon, assuming this was the same case for you too? I'm hoping something else comes up in the department.
Reply 7
Original post by Horlj
Ah then maybe that was the one! Congrats!

I received the email on Wednesday afternoon, assuming this was the same case for you too? I'm hoping something else comes up in the department.

I think they might be different roles as I received my email the week before you did. Fingers crossed they get in touch with you soon about one🤞 It took over a week for them to contact me after receiving the email.
Reply 8
Original post by MAI10
I think they might be different roles as I received my email the week before you did. Fingers crossed they get in touch with you soon about one🤞 It took over a week for them to contact me after receiving the email.

The job I had initially applied for was the Office Support Execute based in the North. Cheers, it seems like a great department to work in, so hope you enjoy it! I've got an interview booked in for Asylum but after reading reviews, I think I'm gunna stay away but take the interview experience.

All the best. :smile:
Reply 9
Original post by Horlj
The job I had initially applied for was the Office Support Execute based in the North. Cheers, it seems like a great department to work in, so hope you enjoy it! I've got an interview booked in for Asylum but after reading reviews, I think I'm gunna stay away but take the interview experience.

All the best. :smile:

That is different from the role I applied for but the role offered me was also different to the one I applied for which is why they sent an email regarding it rather than just updating it on the portal so I would expect the role to be slightly different to the one you applied for. Unfortunately the role they offered me is only temporary for a year as the office I applied for are in a recruitment freeze so I am just hoping a permanent position becomes available in the year I’m there. Good luck! I also applied for a home office role as a back up but have not heard back from that yet.
Reply 10
Original post by MAI10
That is different from the role I applied for but the role offered me was also different to the one I applied for which is why they sent an email regarding it rather than just updating it on the portal so I would expect the role to be slightly different to the one you applied for. Unfortunately the role they offered me is only temporary for a year as the office I applied for are in a recruitment freeze so I am just hoping a permanent position becomes available in the year I’m there. Good luck! I also applied for a home office role as a back up but have not heard back from that yet.

It's a shame that it is only temporary. Although I am sure that within 12 months you'd be able to find something else internally you'd like the look of, if they didn't offer you a permanent position during your time there!
Reply 11
Original post by Horlj
It's a shame that it is only temporary. Although I am sure that within 12 months you'd be able to find something else internally you'd like the look of, if they didn't offer you a permanent position during your time there!

Yes that was I’m hoping🤞
Reply 12
Did you end up being offered a position off the reserve list?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending