The Student Room Group

A level exam advice- biology

Today I had my biology exam as part of my annual exams that I have to do. This was on unit 2 of biology. When opening and looking at the exam, the main topics were prokaryotic cells, the immune system, onions cells and mitosis and the effect of NaCl on the water potential of onions. I noticed that some of the questions were from Edexcel although my exam board was AQA. For this exam, I revised most of unit 2 except the immune system. I am worried that I might have gotten a D because I did not get exam practice but only learned the content. How should I go about revising for my next exam?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 1
Ask your teachers for a topic list and focus on what's on that. Revise from some edexcel resources so you're not caught off guard by their way of wording things.
Original post by sameer5
Today I had my biology exam as part of my annual exams that I have to do. This was on unit 2 of biology. When opening and looking at the exam, the main topics were prokaryotic cells, the immune system, onions cells and mitosis and the effect of NaCl on the water potential of onions. I noticed that some of the questions were from Edexcel although my exam board was AQA. For this exam, I revised most of unit 2 except the immune system. I am worried that I might have gotten a D because I did not get exam practice but only learned the content. How should I go about revising for my next exam?

revising just the content for biology will get you a D, you need to work on exam technique figuring out how to answer certain questions compared to others, exam questions under time conditions and getting your teacher to check , don't mark yourself you'll be more lenient than examiners and also mark schemes are sh/t
Heya! Exams are stressful and are hard but I am sure you have aced yours! I would say completing previous years past papers and focusing on the material you are not confident with until you are, is the best way to revise for the exams! You should also have a look at different places where you could learn more about Biology A-levels. I would recommend checking out https://www.youtube.com/c/StudyMind/featured where you can learn more about the topics. They have always helped me when I was revising for the exams (and still do!).
Additionally, if you would rather have 1-1 tutorials or do more online courses in order to ensure you understood everything, I would recommend looking into here and get in touch.
Good luck for your next exam!
Milena Gonakova
UCL PFE
www.medicmind.co.uk

Quick Reply

Latest