The Student Room Group

Normally resident in England?

Hey student finance england,

I am going to be doing a masters in September 2022 in Scotland. I have lived in England for my whole life. However, I am thinking of moving to Scotland 5 months earlier than my course start date for personal reasons. Will I still be classed as normally resident in England and able to apply for student finance masters loan (england) if I move 5 months earlier? Thank you for your help 😊
Bump
Original post by goofygoober6
Hey student finance england,

I am going to be doing a masters in September 2022 in Scotland. I have lived in England for my whole life. However, I am thinking of moving to Scotland 5 months earlier than my course start date for personal reasons. Will I still be classed as normally resident in England and able to apply for student finance masters loan (england) if I move 5 months earlier? Thank you for your help 😊

Hi there,

Are you moving to Scotland permanently?

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Hi there,

Are you moving to Scotland permanently?

Thanks, Erin

no just until the end of my course
no just until the end of my course

Based on this information, you would apply for funding from SFE.

Thanks, Erin
Original post by Erin SFE
Based on this information, you would apply for funding from SFE.

Thanks, Erin

what about if I was unsure if it would be permanent because it would depend on where I would find a job after
after my course ends
what about if I was unsure if it would be permanent because it would depend on where I would find a job after
after my course ends

If you are going to be moving permanently, then you wouldn't apply for finance from us. You would need to speak with SAAS.

Thanks, Erin

Quick Reply

Latest