The Student Room Group

Lloyds Apprenticeship?

I'm applying to various banking and audit apprenticeships for after I complete my a-levels. I was wondering if the qualification was any good (does it provide opportunities for career progression? Does it allow me to transition to other careers easily? Will it allow easy/quick access to high-salary jobs?)

Chief Operating Office (London & Birmingham based roles):

Working in LBCM Chief Operating Office (COO) provides a good grounding and insight in the operational apparatus of a bank and what makes us tick. It touches on almost every aspect of the business from what is happening on the trading floor to how we facilitate support of the business to the Executive Office. We ensure the operational robustness whilst assimilating and dynamically responding to growth and change.
For someone who wants to get a real feel for what it is like to work in the world of Finance, there is no better place to start your journey than the COO. It has diversity and complexity for those who are curious and committed and will draw out / develop your critical analytical skills, combined with strong communication and adaptability in dealing with a range of tasks.

About the programme:
Starting in September 2022, the Lloyds Bank Corporate Markets (LBCM) School Leaver Apprenticeship will provide fulfilling career opportunities for curious and solution-focused individuals across our UK Markets business and Chief Operating Office.
You'll gain an experience which will enable you to discover how our business operates to strengthen your development for the future.
We’ll support your study towards a Level 6 Financial Services Professional apprenticeship. This apprentice scheme will last for 36 months, during which time you'll gain a degree level qualification, the Chartered Banker Advanced Diploma in Banking and Leadership in a digital age.

Scroll to see replies

Did you apply for it?
I applied for this and I’m somewhat sure you get a job at the end of it by what it said under the benefits section
Reply 3
ive applied and did the assesments but waiting to hear back
Original post by leelin
ive applied and did the assesments but waiting to hear back

Have you done the video interview?
(edited 2 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by tidyartefact263
Have you done the video interview?

nope i havent had any updates
Original post by leelin
nope i havent had any updates

Did you hear back yet? I got my email telling me to do my video assessment today!
Reply 7
Original post by mcgucciflipflops
Did you hear back yet? I got my email telling me to do my video assessment today!

They havent sent me anything????
Reply 8

good luck tho!
Reply 9

Good Luck, Could you tell me what kind of questions they ask?

Yeah just got my interview as well.
(edited 2 years ago)
Yeah just got my interview as well.

Have you done it yet? I'm doing research about it and will either do it today or tomorrow
Have you done it yet? I'm doing research about it and will either do it today or tomorrow

I think I will do research then do it on Sunday.
I think I will do research then do it on Sunday.

Same, I'm a bit worried about it asking about Lloyds itself and its performance etc
Same, I'm a bit worried about it asking about Lloyds itself and its performance etc

How did your interiew go? I thought the questions were a bit vague.
How did your interiew go? I thought the questions were a bit vague.

It was ok but definitely not the type of questions I expected at all so hopefully didn’t fumble too much! What about you?
Same it wasn't horrible, hopefully we both get to the last stage.
Same it wasn't horrible, hopefully we both get to the last stage.

Yes hopefully! Are you hoping for London or Birmingham?
Yes hopefully! Are you hoping for London or Birmingham?

London,hbu?
(edited 2 years ago)
London,hbu?

Also London, I wonder how many people they take in

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending