Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ponjavic)
    Well I'm sorry but no matter how funny/clever they may be it's actually quite annoying. Much easier to listen to something pretty :/
    So you avoid talking to unattractive females? What about ugly males as mates?

ReputationRep:
    ill laugh if she turns out to be a hot supermodel in the future

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    So you avoid talking to unattractive females? What about ugly males as mates?
    I definately do not avoid them. For some reason my female friends have always been somewhat attractive. Maybe it's a subconscious choice?
    And yeah even when it comes to males it can be off-putting but not nearly to the same extent as when it comes to females.

ReputationRep:
    If you are not attracted to her then you need to break it off gently. BUT it sounds to me that you like her and are letting yourself be talked out of it by your mates and you wanting to be cool, which is just plain sad give the girl a chance.

ReputationRep:
    If like me you care what other people think, then dump her fat a** :rolleyes: ....no, seriously though, if you cant see this relationship goin anywhere, then be honest and tell her, but be subtle about it, let her down gently....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    dude, are you attracted to her? Do you find her sexy? Would you have sex with her?

-

My theory, is that if you have to bring this sort of thing up, and you're having doubts in how you feel, I'd let her go. She'll be hurt, but she'll have a chance of ending up with someone who's sure he likes her. Also, you oughtn't to stay with someone you are doubting your attraction to.

Seriously, just..don't lead her on to be nice because she's ugly. I mean..one man's ugly is another's fantabulous. You need to think of her feelings, but also yours- I'd never let myself get stuck in a relationship I doubted, or with a person I wasn't attracted to.
    as for the first 3 questions the honest answer is NO WAY! ive always believed and been told that i should on like girls etc for whats on the inside (though i can't help judging the outside) and thats purely what im doing.

its just shes so physically unattractive i can't possibly fancy her if you know what i mean. I really felt sorry for her and still do but i could no way do stuff with her that normal couples do :confused:

so its either dump her (id find it so hard to do that) or carry on like this but not get physical

ReputationRep:
    She's your gf. It should not matter what other people think. If she has a good personality and you do like her then that should be all that matters. If you're the kind of person who wants a trophy gf to impress your friends, then do what makes you happy. It was not a kind thing to go out with her just out of pity...

ReputationRep:
    I doubt my girlfriends have the same quotas as I do
    It's as easy as that...
    men :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I definately do not avoid them. For some reason my female friends have always been somewhat attractive. Maybe it's a subconscious choice?
    And yeah even when it comes to males it can be off-putting but not nearly to the same extent as when it comes to females.
    You're definitely not the only male who generally prefers to be around good looking women I suppose.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wild thing)
    men :rolleyes:
    Aww comon now, I'm sure I'm the only one

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Butterfly)
    You're definitely not the only male who generally prefers to be around good looking women I suppose.
    Wouldn't you prefer being areound good looking men?
    Maybe not at the cost of inner qualities but still it would be a bonus, wouldn't it?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by saturn)
    im going out with this girl who i'l admit is certainly not the typical fanciable girl (i know im not all that myself before u call me arragant lol) shes quite large with really pale skin and ginger scruffy hair but her personality is so nice

i just love her personality but my mates say shes mingin and distusting cause shes got severe acne and quite greasy hair etc and are laughin but i don't care.

We went in asda yesterday and i noticed people staring at her probably because of her size but depite her cool personality im beggining to agree with my mates and really arn't looking forward to erm 'getting closer to her lol' i hate sounding nasty and shallow but her rating would be about 1 out of 10 and i know its not her fault.

Maybe she needs a more decent guy than me who doesn't care about appearance AT ALL but honestly no other guys that i know will go out with her (even the generous guys)! she has a great personality. i hesitated a lot before saying yes (her friend asked me for her)

can anyone give me any advice what can i do or say. Am i in the wrong? shes 19 like me and im her first bf. :confused:

be selfish and dump her... do it gently if your in a good mood.

ReputationRep:
    I bet most of you guys aren't as attractive as you expect girls should be...

ReputationRep:
    Wouldn't you prefer being areound good looking men?
    Maybe not at the cost of inner qualities but still it would be a bonus, wouldn't it?
    Not really, it might be too tempting...!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lessthanthree)
    nu UH. physical-ness is an essential part of a healthy, well rounded relationship as far as I'm concerned.

NO pity dating.

Suck it up, soldier. Break it off.

-

Put it this way..could you fathom having a relationship with someone didn't even fancy you enough to touch you, kiss you..be passionate with? Chances are it would suck..and girls are very hypersensetive regarding showing of affection...she'd latch on, and it'd be a bigger problem than it is now. nip it in the bud, I say.
    What happened to the panda?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by viviki)
    If you are not attracted to her then you need to break it off gently. BUT it sounds to me that you like her and are letting yourself be talked out of it by your mates and you wanting to be cool, which is just plain sad give the girl a chance.
    it seems that way but when i said yes i was totally denying the fact that she is unattractive and felt really sorry for her so tried to think past it. My mates arn't helping this denial at all since they keep stating the bad stuff about her and although im getting pissed off with them, they are right (and also nasty) but im gradually agreeing with them!

if you know what i mean lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by No Future)
    I bet most of you guys aren't as attractive as you expect girls should be...
    Yeah I think that in general is true. Girls are more willing to have a less attractive boyfriend than vice versa.

ReputationRep:
    Is everyone missing the point entirely? Mate, if she physically repulses you, you have to get rid. I don't care what our 'politically correct' fellow TSR users have to say, you HAVE to break it off if 'getting intimate' sounds disgusting to you. Despite what some might say - it's NOT all about personality. Friendships are all about personality. Who you choose in a girlfriend has just as much to do with physical attraction, it's that simple. It's about a balance between both personality and looks.

For a start - if you really don't want to get down 'n' dirty with her, she'll pick up on it, and that'll make her feel even worse than being dumped.

Secondly... there's some poor minging ginger bloke out there who can't get a girlfriend because you stole his soul mate.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by theicon)
    If like me you care what other people think, then dump her fat a** ....
    what's wrong with people here??? Do girls have to be stupid supermodels to be 'accepted'. I mean have you looked at yourselves? Maybe you're expecting too much...Why do people have such high standings? So what if she has a fat ass? Does that make her meaner?Stupider?less friendly?not as funny??? And why do people care so much about what other people thinK???? DO you have so weak a personality taht you cannot accept your choices. If you look embarassed than people will maek fun of you as they will see a sign of weakness...but if you show you don't give a DAMN then they'll respect you! cheeses don't people have enough personality in this forum to stand by to what they like?Or are they all so weak that they're ulitmate goal is to be 'cool'????

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toy Soldier)
    Is everyone missing the point entirely? Mate, if she physically repulses you, you have to get rid. I don't care what our 'politically correct' fellow TSR users have to say, you HAVE to break it off if 'getting intimate' sounds disgusting to you. Despite what some might say - it's NOT all about personality. Friendships are all about personality. Who you choose in a girlfriend has just as much to do with physical attraction, it's that simple. It's about a balance between both personality and looks.

For a start - if you really don't want to get down 'n' dirty with her, she'll pick up on it, and that'll make her feel even worse than being dumped.

Secondly... there's some poor minging ginger bloke out there who can't get a girlfriend because you stole his soul mate.
    You're right.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.