Announcements

ReputationRep:
    how should you dress for them?

have you had one?

how did you dress?

lol iv got one this wednesday......aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaar rrrrrrrrrrrrrghhhhhhhh

ReputationRep:
    im presumin ur not a girl...lol..

im not the biggest fan of the suit to be honest...i say formal ironed shirt n trousers, polished black shoes and a smart sweater...u lookin smart and u dun hav to even break a sweat!

ReputationRep:
    I had informal ones, and so I wore just some black trousers (though not very smart ones), and V-neck jumper and flat black smart shoes (wearing heels is not a good idea when you're walking round a university). I definitely wouldn't wear a tie, maybe just some smartish trousers (not jeans) and a shirt or poloshirt or something.

ReputationRep:
    Lol, I had one for Bristol. As I had to spend like 3 hours on trains to get there, I wore grey cord jeans, and a jumper. And trainers. Which were dirty lol. But to be honest, Im glad I did cos we did lots of walking on tours and stuff. And the people didnt really look at your clothes, it was very, well, informal! Some guys wore suits, but most people went smart/casual. Usually a smartish pair of jeans, a nice jumper and a pair of unscruffy trainers or shoes will do. They are more concentrating on you and your academic ability than how you dress!
    Oh and I got an offer too

ReputationRep:
    im well stressed lol. does not help when iv got exams on monday and tuesday too!

so in general: black trousers

shoes

no tie

shirt

ReputationRep:
    yeah, I'd go with that....me and my brother are going to interviews this year - all the boys at mine have been dressed like thatand thats how my brother has gone dressed to all of his....if you're feeling really worried you could take a tie in your bag to put on when you get there if it turns out everyones a bit smarter.

ReputationRep:
    lol!

I always get really confused about what to wear to my interviews. I have one in a few weeks and because I have applied for drama there is a practical element and they suggest you take loose comfortable clothes so I don't know if that means you should still look smart for the interview. I am tempted to just wear smartish loose black trousers and a jumper like I wore to Lancaster and then some flat shoes..Oh so confusing

Poll
Should Banksy be put in prison?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.