The Student Room Group

Gcse options!?!

What do u do in health and social care? Is there coursework? Lots of research? role play?
Original post by BUENO_LOVER
What do u do in health and social care? Is there coursework? Lots of research? role play?

Hi I'm a year 10 and I'm currently doing health and social care :smile::smile:
In a health and social care lesson, you basically learn about how a person develops- the life stages and milestones.
For example, you would learn when puberty starts... things like that. Everything you learn in class will help you write your coursework.

Coursework:
There's a lot of coursework lol. For one of them, you have to explain the life stages of a chosen celebrity. It takes a while to do as you need to research a lot. For the second piece of coursework, you have to assess a case study. You would be given a case study and you have to talk about the people in it. You have to say what healthcare services they would need e.g a dentist. You have to say if it's a primary or secondary care service. After that, you also have to say if they have any barriers e.g a psychological barrier could be that they are scared of dentists.

The coursework is very easy. But it's time-consuming. I wrote around 10 pages for each section of the coursework so far.

Role Play:
I haven't done any roleplay yet although my teacher did tell us that we would do it at some point.
As far as I know, all we have to do is pretend to be a nurse or something. Apparently, we get filmed as well. :frown:

I would recommend Health and Social it's very easy and it can be fun when you have friends with you in the lesson. My advice to anyone taking the subject would be to start the coursework as soon as it is set, that way it gets it out of the way and you won't have to worry about it.:u:

(edited 2 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending