The Student Room Group

Rejected by Cambridge Trust Scholarship

Hi guys! I received an offer from Queens College this year and applied for Cambridge Trust scholarship. I was notified by college that my application was unsuccessful. My family income is inefficient to cover my study fees and my high school was supported by a full scholarship. I wonder if I can appeal to the Trust or collge to reevaluate its decision and if anyone has had similar experiences. Many thanks for your advice.
Original post by Blue.Mint
Hi guys! I received an offer from Queens College this year and applied for Cambridge Trust scholarship. I was notified by college that my application was unsuccessful. My family income is inefficient to cover my study fees and my high school was supported by a full scholarship. I wonder if I can appeal to the Trust or collge to reevaluate its decision and if anyone has had similar experiences. Many thanks for your advice.

Hi there!

Every year, the Cambridge Trust receives significantly more applications than they have funding to give out. Unfortunately, what that means is that some applicants miss out on Cambridge Trust funding, despite having significant financial need. You can appeal to the College or the Trust, but it is very unlikely that such an appeal would be successful.

I'm sorry that this is not the news you will have wanted to hear.
Reply 2
Original post by Peterhouse Admissions
Hi there!

Every year, the Cambridge Trust receives significantly more applications than they have funding to give out. Unfortunately, what that means is that some applicants miss out on Cambridge Trust funding, despite having significant financial need. You can appeal to the College or the Trust, but it is very unlikely that such an appeal would be successful.

I'm sorry that this is not the news you will have wanted to hear.

Dear Peter house admission

Still haven’t heard from Cambridge trust. Do they notify only to a successful applicants? Thank you
Original post by Joan87
Dear Peter house admission

Still haven’t heard from Cambridge trust. Do they notify only to a successful applicants? Thank you

Hi there! Can I check whether this is undergraduate or postgraduate?

For undergraduates, the Trust contact the successful applicants directly and the unsuccessful applicants are informed by their college. I'm not sure how it works for postgraduate, I'm afraid.
Reply 4
Thank you. Mine wasn’t successful! Thinking of taking a gap year! Oversea fee is just too high! But much appreciated your reply.

Quick Reply

Latest