How competitive is Loughborough’s Sports Psychology MSc?

Watch this thread
GoogGooglyMoogly
Badges: 13
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
I’m thinking of applying but I don’t know if it’s super competitive or not which might be a hi derange on my chances
KkSophie
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 month ago
Hey! Current MSc Sport Psych student here. I'm sure you'll have checked, but the entry requirement for the course is generally a 65% overall mark on your undergrad if you're studying in the UK, but if you think you'll have that, then you just need to do a bit of research for your personal statement about the module content and how your previous studies relate to some of the topics, and mention if there's anything else you think may be relevant for Master's level study or sport psych in particular. To give you a bit of an idea, this year's cohort is around 70 people (and this is the largest the uni's ever had, and I'm fairly certain it's also the largest Sport Psych MSc in the country). It is competitive inasmuch as you need that good 2:1, but if you're thinking about going into any sport-related field as a career, and especially if you want to go down the BPS/BASES sport psych practitioner route, it is absolutely worth it because Loughborough's got the most to offer. I mean that in terms of performance programmes, experts working in the department, opportunities for career development, the whole package. So, absolutely worth the effort, if you ask me.
GoogGooglyMoogly
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report Thread starter 4 weeks ago
(Original post by KkSophie)
Hey! Current MSc Sport Psych student here. I'm sure you'll have checked, but the entry requirement for the course is generally a 65% overall mark on your undergrad if you're studying in the UK, but if you think you'll have that, then you just need to do a bit of research for your personal statement about the module content and how your previous studies relate to some of the topics, and mention if there's anything else you think may be relevant for Master's level study or sport psych in particular. To give you a bit of an idea, this year's cohort is around 70 people (and this is the largest the uni's ever had, and I'm fairly certain it's also the largest Sport Psych MSc in the country). It is competitive inasmuch as you need that good 2:1, but if you're thinking about going into any sport-related field as a career, and especially if you want to go down the BPS/BASES sport psych practitioner route, it is absolutely worth it because Loughborough's got the most to offer. I mean that in terms of performance programmes, experts working in the department, opportunities for career development, the whole package. So, absolutely worth the effort, if you ask me.
Thanks for your response! Question. I’m really reserved about applying despite my passion due to the fact I’m overweight, I’m working on cutting my weight down over the next year but the idea of being a Sports Psych student whilst being overweight seems a bit odd. I’m really into sports and competing it’s something I’m passionate about but I’ve always had trouble losing weight due a number of factors.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (0)
0%
As I expected (1)
33.33%
Harder (1)
33.33%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
33.33%

Watched Threads