Should I apply for Anne Lister or David Kato?

Watch this thread
Popello
Badges: 2
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hiya, I’ve made York my firm choice but was just wondering if it would be worth applying for Anne Lister or David Kato colleges. I know they’re very new so I wasn’t sure if they would have much personality or college life etc. Would I be missing out on the college experience if I applied there because they look really nice?

I’m mostly applying for colleges on Hes East and am looking to study Theatre: Writing, Directing and Performing.
Last edited by Popello; 3 months ago
Libby.S
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
Hi,
I've put David Kato as my top two choices and Anne Lister as my third. I viewed some of the Anne Lister accommodation at the applicant day last week and it seemed really lovely and it is also a bonus that all the furnishing will be brand new
What are you planning to study? I have firmed politics with international relations
Popello
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
(Original post by Libby.S)
Hi,
I've put David Kato as my top two choices and Anne Lister as my third. I viewed some of the Anne Lister accommodation at the applicant day last week and it seemed really lovely and it is also a bonus that all the furnishing will be brand new
What are you planning to study? I have firmed politics with international relations
Hey,
I’ve got Anne Lister, David Kato and Langwith as my top 3! Planning on studying Theatre: Writing, Directing and Performing which is luckily right next to Anne Lister haha! That is a very good point with everything being new 🤔 thank you!
University of York
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by Popello)
Hiya, I’ve made York my firm choice but was just wondering if it would be worth applying for Anne Lister or David Kato colleges. I know they’re very new so I wasn’t sure if they would have much personality or college life etc. Would I be missing out on the college experience if I applied there because they look really nice?

I’m mostly applying for colleges on Hes East and am looking to study Theatre: Writing, Directing and Performing.
Hi,

Firstly, congrats on your offer! It's great to hear that you're coming to York soon! As you are studying Theatre, those colleges are nearby so are great choices. They are new colleges, but it's an exciting time to be one of the first students in those colleges - you get the opportunity to start new traditions! I've been in and had a look around and they are really nice - they have communal social spaces (like common rooms) so plenty of room to hang out.

All the colleges have a good atmosphere, as they are brought to life by the people and the community. I am a recent York grad, and to be honest, I wish I hadn't worried so much about my college choice, because I think I would have had just as good a time at any of the colleges. There's a real mix of people everywhere and you get to mingle with everyone across both campuses at socials.

I hope this helps!

Hazel
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Year 12s - where are you at with making decisions about university?

I’ve chosen my course and my university (25)
28.09%
I’ve chosen my course and shortlisted some universities (31)
34.83%
I’ve chosen my course, but not any universities (8)
8.99%
I’ve chosen my university, but not my course (3)
3.37%
I’ve shortlisted some universities, but not my course (5)
5.62%
I’m starting to consider my university options (12)
13.48%
I haven’t started thinking about university yet (3)
3.37%
I’m not planning on going to university (2)
2.25%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise