Official thread - May/June 2022 Edexcel IAL

Watch this thread
sakethkenchem
Badges: 8
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
Hey!
Let's discuss the upcoming exams!
Badges: 19
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 2 weeks ago
Pistas
Are you taking anything in June, especially P3/4 again? I will keep supporting you despite I am now in uni!
I think you should be celebrating now btw as Real Madrid was just confirmed as this year's champions of La Liga! I hope you smash the exams like Real Madrid did in La Liga!
Last edited by 8013; 2 weeks ago
madhu03
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 weeks ago
(Original post by 8013)
pistas
are you taking anything in june, especially p3/4 again? I will keep supporting you despite i am now in uni!
I think you should be celebrating now btw as real madrid was just confirmed as this year's champions of la liga! I hope you smash the exams like real madrid did in la liga!
hala madrid
Oishi899
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Spoiler:
Show
hello , did you give the ial biology unit 1 may exam ? If so , what do you think the grade boundary will be ?
abudi.24
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Any1 here did bio unit 1 ?
How was it ?
ajzalls0505
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
!! this
Last edited by ajzalls0505; 6 days ago
Dontknow134
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
I found it pretty different to other previous past papers
nighthawk123
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Dontknow134)
I found it pretty different to other previous past papers
was it harder or easier??
morninghawk21
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
how did u find it?
gcjdkan
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
Anybody have biology unit 1? How was it. The questions were pretty weird compared to other years like for eg the properties of insoluble fibrous protein. It used to ask about collagen most of the time in past paper.
Christine9918
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
The question were pretty weird indeed. Plus whats up with fluidity questions??? Don't even ask about the 6 marker u guys..!!
Aleksander Krol
Badges: 13
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
hey there everyone!! just want to quickly confirm, that are we expected to have any questions related to alkylhalides + rates of reactions or any parts of unit 2 in unit 1 chem?
abudi.24
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Christine9918)
The question were pretty weird indeed. Plus whats up with fluidity questions??? Don't even ask about the 6 marker u guys..!!
I agree that the fluidity qns were weird!
But the 6 marker was a blessing, as they just asked to discuss about the genotypes,alleles..
We just had to mention each family member's alleles & say whether they are heterozygous/homozygous dominant or recessive & relate it with their offsprings ..
Also they said PKU is similar to CF , this sentence helps us understand & right the main point for the question which is that it is a recessive genetic disorder from which we write the rest points 🙂
The only problem is time management in these exams , I am sure if you all got more time you would've wrote the answer correctly!
Anyways , don't overthink about this exam ..
Just relax & study for the rest exams & hopefully you'll ace them🙂💙
gcjdkan
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by abudi.24)
But the 6 marker was a blessing, as they just asked to discuss about the genotypes,alleles..
We just had to mention each family member's alleles & say whether they are heterozygous/homozygous dominant or recessive & relate it with their offsprings ..
Also they said PKU is similar to CF , this sentence helps us understand & right the main point for the question which is that it is a recessive genetic disorder from which we write the rest points 🙂
The only problem is time management in these exams , I am sure if you all got more time you would've wrote the answer correctly!
I agree but the hell were some of the other questions? I really hope grade boundaries are similar to January/ October session of this year they just can't instantly return to pre COVID Grade boundaries!! Also they are being generous to England a level candidates same should be for us to keep it fair
Latoof
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by nawarr)
What you all are practicing for tomorrow exam M1? What do you think the paper gonna be tricky or hard? I feel both. And as far as about easy questions I don't think so. Also I think this time they will normalize the grade boundaries like before.
ok
Christine9918
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by abudi.24)
Oh thank god its just that then. I wrote everything I ever knew about it and those crosses hoping they give marks for something at all lol. But also it said "extent" so I thought maybe i should write about other practical methods like genetic screening as crosses are theoretical. But anyways, like you said let's hope for the best and study for the rest effectively. All the best to you too 😄
Oishi899
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
What do you write for the how temperature affect fluidity and if I write both collagen and fibrous protein characteristics for the question asking for insoluble fibrous protein , will they deduct marks ?
Christine9918
Rep:
Report 6 days ago
(Original post by Oishi899)
What do you write for the how temperature affect fluidity and if I write both collagen and fibrous protein characteristics for the question asking for insoluble fibrous protein , will they deduct marks ?
The membrane becomes more permeable due to increased flexibility I guess, idk I wrote everything I could think of lol
Oishi899
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Christine9918)
The membrane becomes more permeable due to increased flexibility I guess, idk I wrote everything I could think of lol
Out of context but a bit urgent, do you remember if we had two questions from protein or what the question before the cell membrane was (question 6) ? Pls i can’t sleep , i am imagining I skipped a whole question mistakenly
Christine9918
Rep:
Report 5 days ago
(Original post by Oishi899)
Out of context but a bit urgent, do you remember if we had two questions from protein or what the question before the cell membrane was (question 6) ? Pls i can’t sleep , i am imagining I skipped a whole question mistakenly
I am so sorry for the late reply, I think it was mostly about that insoluble protein collagen and there was a question after that but I can't remember at the moment unfortunately since I didn't do it sequentially. Don't worry, I am sure you did well 😊 please have a good night's sleep and just prepare well for the rest of the units, you still have chances to ace in them too! Best of luck
Last edited by Christine9918; 5 days ago
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you done work experience at school/college?

Yes (117)
42.86%
Not yet, but I will soon (48)
17.58%
No (108)
39.56%

Watched Threads