This discussion is closed.
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
uni socities/clubs

seriously if you have something in common to talk about first then its really good

doesnt have a indie society or something?
No not really but then Manchester pretty much is indie do it dosn't need one.

I spend half my life on this website and the other half in indie clubs.
MattG
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
No not really but then Manchester pretty much is indie do it dosn't need one.

I spend half my life on this website and the other half in indie clubs.
start your own, or join a group you are really/partly interested in#

but tbh mate, you can sit on your arse tlaking about how to meet girls, or spend all this time out there talking to them! :rolleyes:
AT82
Rep:
?
Its too late to get invovled in any of that soon, I am out of there soon and ready to enter the real world. Maybe I will meet some cute french girl on my travels or some lovely italian with nice legs. Actually I hope not the language barrier may be a problem!
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
Getting to meet friends of friends is always a good one.
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by MattG)
start your own, or join a group you are really/partly interested in#

but tbh mate, you can sit on your arse tlaking about how to meet girls, or spend all this time out there talking to them! :rolleyes:
Yeah, AT have you tried just starting random conversations with girls i dunnow on the train or something?
horrorboy
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Just wondered what the best place to meet people is, especialy members of the opposite sex, clubs and pubs are certainly not the best place.

*AT's in that discussion mood again *

Reflect, analyse and conclude
why do u have so much trouble getting the opposite sex :confused: when girls come up and talk to you, just get friendly thats what i do of course after about 2 minutes of talking they walk away again :confused:
F. Poste
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by horrorboy)
why do u have so much trouble getting the opposite sex :confused: when girls come up and talk to you, just get friendly thats what i do of course after about 2 minutes of talking they walk away again :confused:
You are hilarious
JamieBecks23
Report 14 years ago
elland road, plenty of birds there
serious narb
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i dont agree that pubs and clubs arent, if you are pished and confident enough you end up meeting ****loads of new people.

anyway i find house partys with people you dont know too well really cool for meeting peeps
AT82
Rep:
?
(Original post by horrorboy)
Lol its very rare that girls do talk to me and if they do in a club I can never hear a word they are saying anyway
material breach
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its about an attitude rather than a place. Be abit confident in yourself, think about how to be interesting and take an interest in anyone you meet, who ever they are. All you need to do is spend time where there are large numbers of people of a similar age. Eg: fallowfield
Jump
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It doesn't matter where. Just find an excuse to start chatting.

Alternatively, you could just walk round naked.
thunderstorm
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
i always find if i look for someone i dont find anyone. people turn up when u least expect it. i need to stop expecting someone now then hopefully ill meet someone (lol)
Everdawn
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Ok AT, heres what you do. I suggest you get yourself a Savvy mate and the both of you head out to some part of town which you never go to. Now when you are there, you be out of your skin confident. That way if you are visited by the **** up fairy you will have had nothing to loose and who cares if you embarass yourself becuase no one knows you and its not your part of town anyway.
BossLady
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
In some ways I think its harder to meet people in cities because you have literly 1000s of pubs you can go to and there is a bus every two minutes where I live so you don't even get to see the same people on the buses or anything. There is 20,000 on my campus so you don't get to see anybody there. In closer communties its possibily easier because you see the same people day and in and out so and you may get to know them.

It dosn't help that I am on an all male course.
I don't mean this in an offensive way AT, but you've got to stop sounding so desperate for a girlfriend. It WILL come eventually, just stop looking so hard/thinking about it ALL the time, and the magic'll happen.
And you shouldn't worry about the all-male course thing, I mean although I'm a female, I'm also on a 95% male course and the fellas there don't seem to have problems finding girls. Sure the girls arent from our course, they're probs from meeting them at clubs etc or the union bar but they're probably in a worse position than you considering imperial is 70% males. Other than that sometimes people find their bfs/gfs at the other uni of london nights so perhaps it would be worth your while going to MMU or Manchester's unions?

Seriously though, stop thinking about this SO much, if you do, when you do meet a girl you really like, who likes you alot also, you may scare her away because you seem a little desperate/needy for the relationship to happen. Nothing puts a girl off more than desperate people.
elpaw
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
I hate sports. Its all beooming clear now

1) Live at home
2) On an all male course
3) Hate sports
4) Crap at sports
5) Err

I wish I could spend more time in the art department that has some of the hottest girls I have ever seen anywhere.
6) spends a lot of time in public toilets
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you made up your mind on your five uni choices?

Yes I know where I'm applying (114)
66.28%
No I haven't decided yet (35)
20.35%
Yes but I might change my mind (23)
13.37%

Watched Threads