UCL MSc Human-Computer Interaction 2022/23

Watch this thread
rilakkumabear
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Just thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone else is waiting to hear back from the MSc in Human-Computer Interaction from UCL. Feel free to post your application timeline, stats (if you wish), and if/when you receive an offer!
ethan_gray
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 3 months ago
I applied in late November but my referee took a while to submit my reference (late December). Will post any updates I receive in the next two months.
AlexiaTSAI
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
keep waiting
username5868335
Rep:
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by rilakkumabear)
Just thought I'd start a thread to see if anyone else is waiting to hear back from the MSc in Human-Computer Interaction from UCL. Feel free to post your application timeline, stats (if you wish), and if/when you receive an offer!
I applied on 27th Feb
ethan_gray
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I got this email from UCL two days ago:

"We wanted to get in touch to confirm that we are still considering your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks. We are very sorry about this as we know that waiting for a university decision can be an anxious time.

It is usual for some applicants to receive decisions before others. Delays in considering your application doesn't mean that your application will be unsuccessful.

We are sorry that we cannot confirm when you will receive a decision. Once a decision is made, we will update your application portal. If your applicant portal states application under assessment or currently being processed by Admissions, this means that your application is still being considered, and we do not currently have a decision to give you."

Did anyone else also receive this? It's quite frustrating when the deadlines to accept other offers are approaching. This also happened last year where they didn't even look at a substantial number applications and just refunded the application fees around June. Reeeally hoping this year won't be the same.
username5868335
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ethan_gray)
I got this email from UCL two days ago:

"We wanted to get in touch to confirm that we are still considering your application. Unfortunately, due to the volume of applications we have received we may not be able to provide you with a decision within the next two weeks. We are very sorry about this as we know that waiting for a university decision can be an anxious time.

It is usual for some applicants to receive decisions before others. Delays in considering your application doesn't mean that your application will be unsuccessful.

We are sorry that we cannot confirm when you will receive a decision. Once a decision is made, we will update your application portal. If your applicant portal states application under assessment or currently being processed by Admissions, this means that your application is still being considered, and we do not currently have a decision to give you."

Did anyone else also receive this? It's quite frustrating when the deadlines to accept other offers are approaching. This also happened last year where they didn't even look at a substantial number applications and just refunded the application fees around June. Reeeally hoping this year won't be the same.
I haven't received any such email. BTW which other colleges did you apply to?
ethan_gray
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hmm it’s all pretty weird. I also applied to City, York, and University of Utrecht in the Netherlands. The latter two only require a decision by mid-May, but City (which is my second choice) needs a response by mid-April. Where else have you all applied?
rilakkumabear
Rep:
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by tanaykhanna)
I haven't received any such email. BTW which other colleges did you apply to?
I also have not received this email, not sure if that's a bad sign or not lol
username5868335
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I have also applied to City. I've heard that they respond quickly (compared to others). How much time did they take in your case?
Last edited by username5868335; 2 months ago
ethan_gray
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by rilakkumabear)
I also have not received this email, not sure if that's a bad sign or not lol
I honestly suspect there is no sense to their madness. Maybe it was just sent out to the applications from November and before because of the length of waiting?
ethan_gray
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
I have also applied to City. I've heard that they respond quickly (compared to others). How much time did they take in your case?
Yeah they were really quick. I applied on the 21st of December and heard back within two weeks.
FutureNeighbour
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Hey! Anyone here who has firmed City? 😁 I was looking more for an MSc with a design emphasis so was happy to find their course and they responded pretty quickly - approx 2 weeks. Would love to know anyone who will also be starting out there ☺️
username5868335
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Got a rejection from UCL today morning Good luck to everyone else.
ethan_gray
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Got a rejection from UCL today morning Good luck to everyone else.
Damn, I’m sorry to hear. Have you heard anything from city? Hoping that works out as another option.
username5868335
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by ethan_gray)
Damn, I’m sorry to hear. Have you heard anything from city? Hoping that works out as another option.
ya, CITY responded in just 8days with an unconditional offer
ethan_gray
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
ya, CITY responded in just 8days with an unconditional offer
Yeeeeew very exciting! Their course looks great in terms of a practical skillset, and they seem to be doing some really cool stuff within industry. Perhaps I’ll see you there.
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
I am considering, but not 100% sure. I missed applying to the US universities this year. So thinking whether I should wait for next year, or go ahead with CITY. I am an international applicant, hence thinking from PSW visa and employability point of view.
I have applied to UCL, City and the University of Birmingham, and got an offer from City and UoB. (Well, not much hope hearing from UCL.)

I am an international applicant too, not sure which offer is better, any advice?
chuchuchuchu
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
Sorry to hear that.. wish you all the best in your offer in CITY. May I know do they change your application status sometime ago? Mines was still 'application under assessment' till forever. The wait is really unsettling ;(
Last edited by chuchuchuchu; 2 months ago
FutureNeighbour
Rep:
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I have applied to UCL, City and the University of Birmingham, and got an offer from City and UoB. (Well, not much hope hearing from UCL.)

I am an international applicant too, not sure which offer is better, any advice?
It seems as if City is more design oriented whilst UCL is more research/theory oriented so it mostly depends on what you’re looking for
Anonymous #1
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by FutureNeighbour)
It seems as if City is more design oriented whilst UCL is more research/theory oriented so it mostly depends on what you’re looking for
What about UoB? Is it good?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (51)
26.15%
As I expected (64)
32.82%
Harder (72)
36.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.1%

Watched Threads