The Student Room Group

ADHD and revision

ADHD peeps, do you have any tips at all on managing revision for A-Levels?
Original post by woodwinding2022
ADHD peeps, do you have any tips at all on managing revision for A-Levels?

Hi!
Revising for your a levels can be challenge at first with ADHD but is really do able! It took me a lot of practice!
My main tips on managing revision for A Levels would be understanding that your brain works differently to others so what those around you are doing might not work for you and that's ok! Even when it comes down to how much and how often you revise. I always found that I didn't have the attention span to work for any longer than 30mins max. I would need to get up and do something different and there were some days it took everything in me to even read a sentence. On these days I found that the best thing to do would be to set small goals such as answering/ planning one practice question and I can go for a 2 minute walk and working that way.
There is also the pomodoro technique- this is where you work for 25mins then take a 5 minute break and then on the fourth repetition take a longer break, its meant to improve focus although it can also be helpful to have someone to help you with the timings.
Listen to your body! If you're tired don't be afraid to move around to wake up a little or move to a quiet area, it takes consistency to develop and routine and find what works for you but it can be really useful.

Hope this helps,
Eleanor
-Student Ambassador

Quick Reply

Latest