The Student Room Group

What mark do i need to get a first or a 2.1 and is it still possible

Hi,I hope someone could help??For my second year I got an overall of 46.3. I know its rubbish, but i mentally was not in the right place throughout that year. I'm wondering if its still possible to achieve a 2.1 or first class, if i work my really hard in the final year? and what would i need in the final year to get an overall good grade for the degree? The second year is 30% of our final mark and the third year is 70%thanks!
(edited 2 years ago)
You will need to get 66% or better on all your final year modules to scrape a 2.1.
Original post by S.Harken
Hi,I hope someone could help??For my second year I got an overall of 46.3. I know its rubbish, but i mentally was not in the right place throughout that year. I'm wondering if its still possible to achieve a 2.1 or first, if i work my really hard in the final year? and what would i need in the final year to get an overall good grade for the degree?The second year is 30% of our final mark and the third year is 70%thanks!

Hi! @S.Harken

I use grade hub. It is really helpful and if you create an account it saves all your grades for you and lets you know what you need to achieve to get a certain grade overall.

https://gradehub.io/register/start

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:
Hi,I hope someone could help??For my second year I got an overall of 46.3. I know its rubbish, but i mentally was not in the right place throughout that year. I'm wondering if its still possible to achieve a 2.1 or first, if i work my really hard in the final year? and what would i need in the final year to get an overall good grade for the degree?The second year is 30% of our final mark and the third year is 70%thanks!

To get an overall average of 60% you need to average 66% over your third year. (You don't need to get 66 or better in every module.)

In practice you might get away with a little under 66 because most universities have methods of upgrading near misses, eg those who average 58/59 overall. You need to check your degree regulations.
Reply 4
Original post by ageshallnot
To get an overall average of 60% you need to average 66% over your third year. (You don't need to get 66 or better in every module.)

In practice you might get away with a little under 66 because most universities have methods of upgrading near misses, eg those who average 58/59 overall. You need to check your degree regulations.

Thank you!
Reply 5
Original post by mike23mike
You will need to get 66% or better on all your final year modules to scrape a 2.1.

Thanks for your help!
Reply 6
Original post by University of Portsmouth Student Rep
Hi! @S.Harken

I use grade hub. It is really helpful and if you create an account it saves all your grades for you and lets you know what you need to achieve to get a certain grade overall.

https://gradehub.io/register/start

I hope this helps!
Best wishes
Chloe - Official Student Rep :smile:

Ill give it a go thank you!
Reply 7
Thank you!

A quick question, if its possible what would i need to get for a first class?
A quick question, if its possible what would i need to get for a first class?

In theory, just over 80% across third year..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending