3) by bus

thanks

Oh P.S. bye bye till easter :hello:
AT82
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
Its about 60-70 miles, I reckon 1.5 hours by train or car, by bus I am you would probably have to go via Manchester. I.e get the Megabus to Manchester then get the National Express to Southport it will take for ever.

Southport is very cold at this time of year, although Lord Street is history on legs.
TK
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 14 years ago
(Original post by amazingtrade)
Its about 60-70 miles, I reckon 1.5 hours by train or car, by bus I am you would probably have to go via Manchester. I.e get the Megabus to Manchester then get the National Express to Southport it will take for ever.

Southport is very cold at this time of year, although Lord Street is history on legs.
Cool - thanks Mr Trade - not really going for a 'fun' visit though - just checked train line - i have to go via Manc - 2.5 hrs! Quite a long time - will have to leave early.
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
Cool - thanks Mr Trade - not really going for a 'fun' visit though - just checked train line - i have to go via Manc - 2.5 hrs! Quite a long time - will have to leave early.
Thats a very long time since you can get to from Manchester to London in two hours by train, and thats much further than Leeds to Southport.

I guess its still half away across the country though if you look at it from east to west point of view.
TK
Rep:
?
Thats a very long time since you can get to from Manchester to London in two hours by train, and thats much further than Leeds to Southport.

I guess its still half away across the country though if you look at it from east to west point of view.
Yep - that's what it says though - do you know if the trainline always shows the quickest route?
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
It usualy does, and it wouldn't surprise me that there is no direct route because Southport is not the biggest town in the world. I had to get to Halifax by train once and that took nearly two hours despiting it being only 45 miles away.
TK
Rep:
?
It usualy does, and it wouldn't surprise me that there is no direct route because Southport is not the biggest town in the world. I had to get to Halifax by train once and that took nearly two hours despiting it being only 45 miles away.
Okey doke - well I guess I'm gettin used to long train journeys :p:

Thanks again Mr Trade and good luck with semester 2 :cool:
AT82
Rep:
?
Report 14 years ago
(Original post by TK)
Okey doke - well I guess I'm gettin used to long train journeys :p:

Thanks again Mr Trade and good luck with semester 2 :cool:
Thanks and you I will have hopefully graduated by the next time you're on here :p:
EPD
Badges: 11
Report 14 years ago
I'm sure there'll be a quicker way to go, going via Halifax, Bradford, Preston or somewhere like that.
TK
Rep:
?
(Original post by elpollodiablouk)
I'm sure there'll be a quicker way to go, going via Halifax, Bradford, Preston or somewhere like that.
I'd rather not go near preston if I can avoid it
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Why wouldn't you turn to teachers if you were being bullied?

They might tell my parents (11)
6.01%
They might tell the bully (18)
9.84%
I don't think they'd understand (32)
17.49%
It might lead to more bullying (70)
38.25%
There's nothing they could do (52)
28.42%

Watched Threads